Apple News+ and Evernote

I used to read magazines on Texture.  Now, Apple News+.  I have a problem with magazine topics being on 1 page (scroll down instead of next page).  How do I share only one recipe of this long page  to Evernote instead of the 10 recipes on the 'long' page that end up in Evernote? 

Also, once in Evernote, all shared article/recipe is now "open this story in Apple News" but there is no link to the story.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated!

Evernote - Apple News.pdf

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't use this software,  but I'd approach this sort of problem by looking at whether it's possible to edit the PDF (?) and delete pages I don't need,  or highlight a section and copy/ paste content.  Even if its necessary to print out a single page and the re-scan the page,  or take a screen-grab of a page,  there must be a way to limit clips to the bits you need...

• Level 5

Hi @Tinabor, and welcome to the forums! What kind of device are you using to read Apple News+? Is it an app or a Website? And how are you sharing to Evernote? Those details may help get closer to an answer. For instance, in a Website in my Windows-based browser, I can select text and share just the selection to Evernote using Web clipper.

• 2 months later...

I tried using the shortcut to share an article to Evernote that’s provided in Apple News+ on ipad OS 13.1.x, and  I get an error message saying that I need to apply a URL to pass through to the URL. I have no idea what this means. It seems to link back to the Shortcuts app but I thought those shortcuts were supposed to be presets. Can anybody clear this up for me? I am (clearly) not a coder although I wrote macros back in the day in windows, and scripts were readily available for that to cut and paste. In this case I’m apparently already supposed to know what information to enter into the box (which box?) to make it work, and I don’t. Is there any help for me? Color me frustrated. I found what is supposed to pass for a guide to the Shortcuts app, but it is way other than basic and not clear at all.

• 9 months later...

Tinabor I came here with the same question. All of my recipes and decorating ideas have the title and no link. It’s almost pointless for there to be an Evernote shortcut. There’s no way to even search by the title name in Apple News +

For reference I have an iPad Pro 11

July 2020. Still unable to save notes from Apple news to Evernote. It saves it but the link to the original article is not available in Evernote. This ever since I had to switch from Texture to Apple news. I use an iPad mini with OS 12.4.6.  Is there a solution?

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

When viewing your item in Apple News, is there an option to 'view on the web' or 'view in browser'?  I use a news aggregation service in Android and Windows and find that clipping direct from that service is erratic and always omits the URL. 

I have a 'view on the web' option that opens the same item in my browser,  which then reads and clips normally when I share the article.  When I close down the browser,  my display reverts to the aggregator view of that item and I move on...

• 1 month later...

This is still a problem. When I share from Apple News to Evernote, all Evernote gets is an apple.news URL in the title and body. No text and no images. 

apple news is a very important source of information these days especially with a news plus subscription. It is my primary source of news and I no longer read websites so a working clipping functionality from apple news would be very welcome 

I’m using an iPad Pro and Evernote app... when I have a story open in Apple News I use the apple sharing link at the top right, select Evernote from the options, Evernote gives me a ‘clip saved!’ confirmation. But when I open Evernote there is just a URL in the saved note.. the expected result is that the full text and images from the article is saved to the Evernote note. 

• 1 month later...

Found the solution to this. Finally.... 

From the saved/ copied page or article click on the 3 dots (...) in the upper right hand corner. 

A window will open. Choose note info. There’s a URL there. Click on this URL and you will be directed to the content you saved. 

Queue the hallelujah sounds. I no longer need to switch to a different provider for this. Yay!