Evernote for Mac (10.12.6)

My computer can only run macOS Sierra 10.12.6.  I can't find a download for this version. When I go to the Evernote download page, it only offers me an modern or current download (so . please advise. I have so much scanning and decluttering to do lol

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 12.56.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 12.56.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 12.57.26 PM.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi, I have the same issue as the first post

I am running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

and I have been using evernote for a long time and it's been great but today Evernote asked me if I wanted to update, which I did and then it said it couldn't open as my mac is too old.

I have then tried downloading older previous legacy versions of evernote and then keep getting an error message saying:

'your local evernote data is being managed by a newer version of evernote. please use the latest version of evernote'

But I can't use the latest version of evernote - i've tried so many things - can anyone please give me some advice ?

Thankyou

i have attached a photo of the error messageScreenShot2023-06-27at21_57_00.thumb.png.59c2a2829f7eb7bacb39679dda85d48c.png

Yup - this thread is going to get a lot of new life. Something happened in the last couple days and Evernote seems to have upgraded itself beyond the capabilities of the my OS (and the OS that lots of other people have if they're still running older system).

Sure hoping to resurrect Evernote on this computer.

Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 4.46.34 PM.png

• Level 5

First this thread was started in 2019 and treats the legacy versions of EN. These versions are deprecated since October 2020. If they fail, they fail. EN is not doing anything about them. This means they are not actively damaging anything either. If these legacy clients become unusable, this happens because of other changes, like OS updates.

Second all inquiries about the new Mac clients should be posted in the right subforum. This forum here is dedicated to the legacy clients, and not the right place for the new version. The new version requires MacOS 10.14 Mojave as minimum system requirement.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There are older versions available, and they may still work. But the writing is on the wall that the legacy syncing will stop working anytime in the closer future.

So either check for possibilities to upgrade your MacOS, or prepare a „Plan B“.

• 2 weeks later...