Sure wish you had a $2.25/mo subscription option!

JmHnet

Idea

That's right... $2.25/month, $27/year. That would be the sweet spot for me. Anyone else agree?

Would maybe have

Sync across devices
Monthly Uploads
2 GB
Maximum note size
100 MB
Also:
Access notebooks offline

Forward emails into Evernote

Search in Office docs & PDFs

Present notes in one click

Annotate PDFs
  • Like 1

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 8/7/2019 at 12:55 PM, JmHnet said:

That would be the sweet spot for me.

5 devices?  Seems excessive - I have a Mac and iPad, and 2 hands

Maximum note size 100MB? Too limiting

$2.25/month, $27/year   I'm thinking the charge should be related to the costs incurred for providing the service

• Level 5

I would rather go for a new platinum status membership, with all peeks & perks .... like a pair of fresh Evernote socks every other day 😂

But honest, do we really need to discuss pricing policy here in the forum ?

Everybody will find something in the Package that is oversized for the individual use case, for one it may be the single note size, for the other the upload, the next one has few devices etc. From what I see EN tried to move away from the plus model because it is hard to sustain a user on that level, and make a buck as a company from it. Probably they did not want to loose a significant segment of their use base, so they allowed existing Plus users to stay on.

My impression is that the pricing and content of the Premium model is more or less on a level with other services.

I was just looking for something more "middle-ground" while also supporting Evernote above and beond the "free" tier. To go from free to $8/month is a huge jump for a typical student or other low-income person.  To have something priced lower while offering fewer bells and whistles than Premium would benefit all parties involved.

Obviously I have no idea what it costs Evernote to provide the services it provides, so my pricing was purely an estimate. I wonder what a person could get for $27/yr?

I've been with Evernote for a long time. I remember when the Windows client software looked like a rolodex or something like that!

My intention isn't to make this a debate on pricing policy. It's about the possibility of having a lower tiered service level at a more inclusive price. Just a thought. If it's not a possibility, it's not a big deal... the free version is fine for my needs right now. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
6 minutes ago, JmHnet said:

To have something priced lower while offering fewer bells and whistles than Premium would benefit all parties involved.

Two alternate views on this

1. A mid price tier will add paying customers
  2. A mid price tier will cannibalize the Premium Tier
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

Two alternate views on this

1. A mid price tier will add paying customers
  2. A mid price tier will cannibalize the Premium Tier

Yeah I definitely wasn't considering item #2. Certainly a thing. 😕 

If there were to be another more affordable tier added, it would have to weigh the features vs. the Premium tier such that the Premium tier is still a compelling buy for those who use the service at that level.

Hopefully, with that under consideration, the Premium tier would roughly retain it's level of subscribers. My original post mentioned some reduced capabilities compared to the Premium plan, but they could certainly be adjusted/reduced more, like maybe this:

Sync across devices
5 4
Monthly Uploads
2 GB 1 GB
Maximum note size
100 MB 50 MB

I still see this as something worth paying a few dollars a month for. To me, it is a valuable tier that should be at least looked into! (I know, it's easier said than done).

I'm no marketer, but maybe call this new tier the "Student" or "Education" tier. 

• Level 5*

They got rid of the Plus plan on purpose; the forum announcement and ensuig discussion is here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/112951-update-to-evernote-subscription-plans/

Money quote:

So, why the change? In the three years since it was introduced, Plus has proven to be less popular than we thought it would be. This tells us that we need to find a better solution to meet your needs.

We believe gathering customer feedback will help determine what those needs are. In the meantime, we will hold off on selling new Plus subscriptions.

That being said, by ditching the Plus subscription, they also don't gather any further information on how the middle tier does vs the premium level. But I don't have any insight into their data gathering processes or results. They did grandfather in Plus users at the time; they probably got some data out of that segment.

25 minutes ago, jefito said:

They got rid of the Plus plan on purpose; the forum announcement and ensuig discussion is here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/112951-update-to-evernote-subscription-plans/

Money quote:

That being said, by ditching the Plus subscription, they also don't gather any further information on how the middle tier does vs the premium level. But I don't have any insight into their data gathering processes or results. They did grandfather in Plus users at the time; they probably got some data out of that segment.

Thank you for the info! So it looks like they already grappled with this.

I will look into that discussion. I appreciate everyone's feedback and insight 🙂 

Seems like the recent change to make the web client count as a "device" re-opens this conversation.  It pushes many basic/free users to need something more, but not as much as the Premium plan.  My wife is in that boat.  I use EN for work and personal and use it on many devices and many of the features.  Happy to pay for Premium at that level.  She just has 1 computer and 1 mobile device.  Occasional use of the web client is helpful when troubleshooting sync issues, lost note issues, etc.  But probably not worth the hike from free to premium for occasional use like that.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, fpepin said:

It pushes many basic/free users to need something more, but not as much as the Premium plan.

Why?  You still get two devices and can sign out and sign in to access others. I see this change as only slightly less convenient for free members.