Evernote Mac search/jump box available in windows version

hibou

Idea

The Evernote mac search box function (Command + J) is a key feature that I use throughout the day to retrieve specific notes or jump to notebooks, it's not available on PC. The CTR + Q Windows search version does not show results dynamically or let you preview as you type, you need to launch the search and see if you got lucky, then if you did, click on the searched note to open it. In short, we need the same search/jump box function on Windows, please.

image.png.17bb63303c1616a18e77f0d4bb7635e2.png

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, hibou said:

The CTR + Q Windows search version does not show results dynamically or let you preview as you type

Works that way for me on 6.20.2 and has on previous releases as well.  Ctrl+Q opens with recent searches and saved searches and instantaneously, for me anyway, winnows to the results of what I type..  For example, after entering inb in the Ctrl+Q search box two things remain, my INBOX notebook and an INBOX search for notes with no tags. 

FYI, Alt+F1 will let you search/jump notebooks, but doesn't make much sense to me since Ctrl+Q does the same and more.

ScreenClip.png.2eab6634b53fd1b32161aa31af424302.png

Thanks for your reply but the mac version is not limited to showing you recent searches, it lists matching notes and notebooks dynamically as you type, it is much, much more powerful than the Windows version:Mac-6.6-2.thumb.gif.4f366dc5687a141cf41ed4c09651f36f.gif

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, hibou said:

Thanks for your reply but the mac version is not limited to showing you recent searches, it lists matching notes and notebooks dynamically as you type, it is much, much more powerful than the Windows version:

Okay, thanks for the clarification.  Yeah, Windows Ctrl+Q does not search note content.  Would be a great add.  Upvoted.

• Level 5

This causes me real pain.

One half of my brain cries „how many more cool features do these Winnie’s try to steal from my Mac“, but then I go to the other desk, and the other half starts to sing „give it, give it to me“.

One more vote !

9 hours ago, CalS said:

Don't start with adding some of this stuff to mobile....

Oops, too late.  I understand the Mac version has sorting of tags by number of notes, Android also has it (easiest way to find empty tags).

Windows only gives you the option to delete empty tags.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Oops, too late.  I understand the Mac version has sorting of tags by number of notes, Android also has it (easiest way to find empty tags).

Windows only gives you the option to delete empty tags.

I was thinking more in terms of work flow related stuff; like how search works, how tables work, how info works.  Any maintenance I tend to do on the desktop since it is a PITA on mobile.  In the case of tags I don't add enough tags anymore to do much tag maintenance.  If I have a DAA and add one by accident it will typically be viewable on some search or other (stands out in side list view) and I will fix it then.  No harm no foul in between.  🤷‍♂️