Default to Notebooks?

KathrynBassett

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I don't know that there's a way in Android.

For Windows, you can make a shortcut to the Evernote scripting program ENScript.exe, and give it command-line parameters that cause it to open the Evernote application to whatever notebook you want (or any search query, actually). Description of ENSript is here: https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php#evernote. You'd be using the showNotes command, with a -q <search>  search query. For example: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\ENScript.exe" shownotes -q notebook:Todo

• Like 1
  • Level 5
3 hours ago, KathrynBassett said:

When opening Evernote, is there a way to have it default to Notebooks instead of All Notes? If so, how. Particularly Android, but PC as well.

WRT Android, there's a long-standing request for this feature; you can go there and add your vote by clicking the upward arrow at the top of the page:

WRT PC, assuming you mean the Windows Evernote program, there's a notebooks section of the left panel that's always available (unless the left panel is closed by F10). If the left panel is displayed but the list of notebooks is not, click on the little arrow to the left of the word Notebooks to open up the list. If you're interested in starting in one particular notebook every time, for me Evernote will always reopen in the last notebook I was viewing. You can test this by choosing the notebook you want and doing File > Exit, then restarting Evernote. Hope this is some help.

Thanks for coming into the forums!

Open a notebook in your Android app and click on the three dots on the top right corner. After this click on "Add to Home Screen". It's not exactly what you're asking for, but may be the closest workaround. 

• Like 1