Hi all, from about a month I am facing this issue: if I tap on a link to a Youtube video inside an Evernote note, I always get an error webpage which says "unusual traffic from your network" (attached screenshot in Italian). If the very same link is tapped e.g. from a Google Keep note, everything works fine. Looks like Evernote sends a sort of "malformed" link or something. I hope this will be fixed soon! Thanks and kind regards.

Screenshot_20190802_090352_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.3057780aaf86616b23b7bf7a966e6aff.jpg

13 minutes ago, jefito said:

I see this working fine on my Android phone...

I know it's strange, but I tried from different devices and different connections, and it happens 100% of the time! ☹️

4 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Working from here too...  What OS/ device are you using?  Have you tried arising a support ticket?

I'm using an Honor 10. I didn't create a ticket yet, I'll do it in the next days.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Does the screenshot that you posted come from the Evernote app in Android? If so, which version of the app do yo have? It looks very different from what I see.

No, the screenshot is from Chrome. Tapping on a YT link in Evernote calls the YouTube app, but then Chrome pops up with the error I showed in the pic.

• Level 5

Hmm, but then why does Chrome insert itself into the process if the YT app has been invoked? I wonder if something has gone wrong in the default setting for YT links on the device. What happens if you click on such a link from some other app (but not Chrome)?

12 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Hmm, but then why does Chrome insert itself into the process if the YT app has been invoked? I wonder if something has gone wrong in the default setting for YT links on the device. What happens if you click on such a link from some other app (but not Chrome)?

As I already said at the top of this thread, if the link is tapped from another app (like Google Keep), everything works as expected, and the video plays in the Youtube app. I can share a screencast, if it could help.

I guess I didn't explain well by words, so I'll try with a screencast of my phone. Here's a recap of what you'll see:

- I have an Evernote note with a Youtube link inside. I tap on the link, the Youtube app opens up, but then Chrome comes up with the error.

- I switch to Google Keep, with a note that contains the same link. I tap on it, the Youtube app opens up and the video plays as expected.

So it's obviously an issue related to Evernote. It never happened before, I guess it started fro the last update, but I'm not sure of this.

First of all, I found that this happens on the Mac client as well. I guess I have a clue: when clicking on the link, it is sent to Chrome with bad characters! Chars like '?' and '=' changes to something like '%3v' or similar, so the resulting link is not working. I'll attach an example with the original link and how it becomes.

Please note that in Evernote, if I simply copy the link to the clipboard with the context menu, the pasted link is wrong, so it's Evernote that's altering the link!!

1560080399_Schermata2019-08-05alle17_10_11.png.9a7d262bdaac5eb90a6046fcc2d15290.png

1714601650_Schermata2019-08-05alle17_10_53.png.765c2d4546305c7f4db12a1ccd020aee.png

• Level 5
On 8/5/2019 at 11:15 AM, Claudio79 said:

First of all, I found that this happens on the Mac client as well. I guess I have a clue: when clicking on the link, it is sent to Chrome with bad characters! Chars like '?' and '=' changes to something like '%3v' or similar, so the resulting link is not working. I'll attach an example with the original link and how it becomes.

Please note that in Evernote, if I simply copy the link to the clipboard with the context menu, the pasted link is wrong, so it's Evernote that's altering the link!!

1560080399_Schermata2019-08-05alle17_10_11.png.9a7d262bdaac5eb90a6046fcc2d15290.png

1714601650_Schermata2019-08-05alle17_10_53.png.765c2d4546305c7f4db12a1ccd020aee.png

Apologies for not understanding clearly before. The changing of certain characters in links to ASCII code forms with % has been reported elsewhere, specifically with reference to Google Drive links in the Windows app:

and:

The fact that you're having the problem on both Android and Mac, and yet others (including myself) are not having it on Android, is very puzzling indeed. I hope your support ticket gets you some help from Evernote. I'd certainly be interested in knowing what they say.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:17 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Apologies for not understanding clearly before. The changing of certain characters in links to ASCII code forms with % has been reported elsewhere, specifically with reference to Google Drive links in the Windows app:

and:

The fact that you're having the problem on both Android and Mac, and yet others (including myself) are not having it on Android, is very puzzling indeed. I hope your support ticket gets you some help from Evernote. I'd certainly be interested in knowing what they say.

Glad that someone got what I was trying to explain, at last! ;) So looks like it's not a specific Youtube problem, but an all-round link conversion issue. I hope this will be fixed soon. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

Hi guys, this has been happening with me too for over two years, youtube links get broken far too often only in Evernote and work fine on all the other apps out there, which makes me wonder why I'm still paying for a bad service. It happens only when I paste them into Evernote, and then the links become youtube images and I just can't see the URL, thank God I still have all the links in Standard Notes.

Screenshot_20240120_204533_Evernote.jpg

Latest computer, latest evernote, etc. I've just started another subscription (Annual) to give Evenote another chance, but barely after 15 minutes using it I've started to regret it. Though I saw now that I can disable image preview in settings, there are still so many other serious issues going on. For instance, I've created 20 notes online that are not syncing with the desktop or the other mobile devices, and I was sure to set the web to the latest Evernote too. So, what do I do? I can't export them from the web, Thanks Evernote! I should have remained with Standard Notes. I don't think they will refund me on an annual plan.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, MichaelCusack said:

So, what do I do? I can't export them from the web, Thanks Evernote!

Hi.  You're posting in a 4-year old thread about an Android issue so I'd need to know your Windows or Mac OS and the Evernote version numbers to give any more precise advice.  Plus we're not Evernote here,  just other users.  Depending on how long ago you subscribed,  you could request a refund if you prefer - start here:  https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new