Evernote beta features request

Firstly, it is quite annoying trying to contact Evernote to just message about feature requests...

I have Evernote on my Mac and iPhone. I like Apples's privacy policy more than Google's. I want the option to save my notes in iCloud. Then I know if for some reason I cancel an Evernote subscription my notes are 'mine' and available. Apparently Google scans everything on its servers. I don't want any of my notes "scanned" by a third party like Google.

Also, Evernote features should be integrated into Apple's native apps. For example, if I take a picture that has handwriting in it and I am editing the picture in the native iOS app I want the option of using Evernote's handwriting recognition feature right there.

I am currently not a premium use primarily due to the 2 issues above. And because I am not a premium user I can't simply contact Evernote with feature requests. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

AFAIK, the way Evernote performs OCR and search indexing means it is not possible to store notes on third party cloud storage. Even if it were, it wouldn't make any difference because Evernote would still need access to your notes to perform the previously described key functionality.

Evernote's handwriting recognition does not work as you think. Images and scanned pdfs have OCR performed on them solely in order to allow you to search for them.

You are able to contact Evernote as evidenced by this post. You could also contact them via twitter. What you're describing is not having support available to you from the app which is a different matter. For what it's worth, even premium users cannot contact support because it is borked and has been for a long time.

I am a bit fed up of Evernote but your post seems entirely unreasonable.

• Level 5*
On 8/1/2019 at 4:43 PM, Anthony Antony Ant said:

I want the option to save my notes in iCloud. 

Evernote is a cloud service and stores/processes our notes on the servers;
possibly the same servers used by iCloud (where do you think iCloud data is stored?)

Platforms have different data configurations.  Metadata is maintained in an SQLite database, and notes are maintained in enml/html format.  Mac and IOS have no option to change the data location.

>>Then I know if for some reason I cancel an Evernote subscription my notes are 'mine' and available.

I have personal backups and use the export feature to maintain an html data copy external from Evernote.  
I can store this data copy "in iCloud"

>>I don't want any of my notes "scanned" by a third party like Google.

Our Evernote data can not be accessed by third parties unless we provide authorization

>>I like Apples's privacy policy more than Google's.

How do you feel about Evernote's privacy policy?

>>Apparently Google scans everything on its servers.

Apparently you are misinformed - Where do you get your information from?

As to the NSA, Russia, China, ...  😦

>>Also, Evernote features should be integrated into Apple's native apps.

Have you talked to Apple about this?

fwiw An Evernote note can contain files of any format.  
For example, I store Apple Pages documents in Evernote; also Apple Numbers spreadsheets
If working in Apple Notes, I use the share menu to send to Evernote.

>>can't simply contact Evernote with feature requests. 

You are posting your request in Evernote's forum

You can contact Evernote support on Twitter @evernotehelps  

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 8/1/2019 at 6:43 PM, Anthony Antony Ant said:

I want the option to save my notes in iCloud. Then I know if for some reason I cancel an Evernote subscription my notes are 'mine' and available.

Not going to happen, you access your notes through an EN interface with EN servers.  Your notes are always yours with EN.  You can export them should you want to completely close your account.  

Also, Evernote features should be integrated into Apple's native apps. For example, if I take a picture that has handwriting in it and I am editing the picture in the native iOS app I want the option of using Evernote's handwriting recognition feature right there.

Also not going to happen.

I am currently not a premium use primarily due to the 2 issues above. And because I am not a premium user I can't simply contact Evernote with feature requests. 

Probably never will be a premium user if these are your two prime issues.  Not sure they've ever appeared in the forums.

• 1 month later...
Printing:
  • Able to change format of printing.  Use my template: 1.2 line spacing, 11 point text, and printing presets 1.5in left boarder,5 in right boarder...
  • Auto size images to fit my printing format (4inch by 4inch max size) as default, and change if necessary.
  • Auto table size to print. Lock two columns to fit printing width, or lock three column to fit printing width, or one column.
  • Decrease file size button to shrink image resolution, image type, and text format. 
  • "Save as pdf” button so I can attach note to email message.  "Email Note” button… reformats image and inserts text then opens email program.
  • “Save as .jpg” button so I can attached my Evernote with a text message. “Text Image” button… reformats image, inserts text then opens text messaging app.
  • Work within the printing dimensions view.
  • Add postscript option formatted to the bottom of the printed page.  
    • Page number, print date, date and time of last updated note, creation date, notebook, note name
    • Format postscripts in light gray text

Scanning:
  • Automatically organize receipts
    • Add button to scan receipt using a phone within Evernote
    • Find all receipts from on card (cards ends in ..4456) and automatically adds a tag.
    • Automatically sees a scanned a receipt, from any source, and places it in a notebook.
    • Scan receipt image then automatically read “image to text”.  Include the scanned receipt text in text block next to image.  One note with 2X1 table with image in one cell and text in second cell. Title include last four digits of card, date, merchant.
    • Image to text scan stripping out: card, merchant, date, amount, location … and leave a space for note, and automatically adds a tag for each.
    • Be able to write “tag= project name” on receipt and have Evernote tag scanned note
    • Automatically make a report for selected notes changing  2X1 table to 2X… table.

System Bar App:
  • Keyboard quick key for “clip rectangle (fn + command + touch pad rectangle).
  • Keyboard quick key for “save too Evernote” in App.
  • Hold multiple text, images for copy-paste (fn + Command + F 1 or F 2 or F 3). Each Copy, make a Evernote with  that name.  Note name = “F 1…the words I cut out"
  • Add citation where the clip came (website address).

Toolbar:
  • Customize Toolbar
  • Spelling suggestion box
  • Add “Insert Date” button. 
  • Make alternative to notebook dropdown list.  Make icon click buttons on Toolbar for each notebook
  • Add annotation tools as part of regular toolbar
  • Add “History” button
  • Send to iCloud link
  • "Make image of” selection button 
  • "Strip formatting" from selection button

Improve grammar and spellcheck
  • Include spellcheck as permeant part of toolbar constantly showing suggested spelling for last misspelled word.  Place “Spelling suggestion box" next to "notebook name" box and “click to add tags” box.
  • Remove period from numbered list function, and add period from numbered list
  • Add capitalize first letter of number list function

Templates:
  • More with different styles
  • Format for printing, format for text message, format for email. 
  • Add postscript options formatted to the bottom of the printed page.

Annotate image:
  • One of the best features.  Please expand feature.  
  • Annotate image within note 
  • Makes a “clip rectangle” that changes selection of text, multiple images into a single .jpg image.  This image can now be annotated. 
  • Work within the printing dimensions view.
  • Keep size of image after editing image.
  • Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, evernote-nut said:
Scanning: Automatically organize receipts

Title include last four digits of card, date, merchant... Image to text scan stripping out: card, merchant, date, amount, location … and leave a space for note, and automatically adds a tag for each.

Do you have rules to identify these data items?

>>“image to text”.  Include the scanned receipt text in text block next to image. 

Evernote currently generates a text file, but it's only used for search indexing

I use an external OCR program for this (PDF OCR X)  Usually I convert to pdf, with the text overlayed; however a separate text file is an option

• 4 months later...

Really hope the names of the Notes is a feature of the new Evernote, appreciate having tabs, but really need Note names, not just "All Notes" for every tab title...it's been this way so long it's become ridiculous.

Please add Note names to the individual Tabs.1400473392_ScreenShot2020-02-12at4_24_21PM.thumb.png.ed5d17410c2a4b8ba2252a3a863779d3.png

Thanks.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, taden said:

Really hope the names of the Notes is a feature of the new Evernote, appreciate having tabs, but really need Note names, not just "All Notes" for every tab title...it's been this way so long it's become ridiculous.

Please add Note names to the individual Tabs.

You've referencing two types of tabs     
-  Note tabs carry the note title      
-  Note-list tabs carry the note list filter, like "All Notes"

Um, my Note tabs, I added a screenshot above, all have different Notes open, but the title of these individual Notes are all "All Notes", which does happen to be the my selection in the Sidebar, but I can also click off of All Notes onto Recent Notes and the title remains "All Notes".

I just want the individual Note name listed, not All Notes, and I am not aware of a way to do this currently, am I missing something?

When I open a Note in a new, separate window, the Note does have the Note name in the Title...but it can't then be merged back into the main Evernote window...weird.