My iPhone 6s just died on me. And I am seiously considering the switch to a Samsung S10.

How is the performance of Evernote for Android?

I have more than 31,000 notes. And the Windows client is seriously flawed, from my point of view. Still, Evernote is an integral part of my workflow.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I've never used an iPhone,  so don't know how an Android would compare;  plus I don't know what you use your iPhone for...  but I can search through my 46K notes reasonably easily and add new notes via keyboard or camera as I need.  It might be useful to explain how you regard the Windows client as being 'flawed',  because I do most of my heavy Evernoting via the Windows client,  and limit use of the Android to mobile data access and acquisition.  

4 hours ago, fredhammersmith said:

My iPhone 6s just died on me. And I am seiously considering the switch to a Samsung S10.

How is the performance of Evernote for Android?

I have more than 31,000 notes. And the Windows client is seriously flawed, from my point of view. Still, Evernote is an integral part of my workflow.

I've been on both platforms (though Android has been a while). I will never go back to Android for other reasons, but I can say that in my opinion Evernote works better on Apple products period. I'm not sure if that is because of Apple or because of Evernote, but it seems to just work better (barring any beta updates or normal issues from either platform).

50 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I've never used an iPhone,  so don't know how an Android would compare;  plus I don't know what you use your iPhone for...  but I can search through my 46K notes reasonably easily and add new notes via keyboard or camera as I need.  It might be useful to explain how you regard the Windows client as being 'flawed',  because I do most of my heavy Evernoting via the Windows client,  and limit use of the Android to mobile data access and acquisition.  

It is the most unbearably slow software I have on Windows. By far.

I used all the recommanded tricks: re-installing, indexing, etc. It is just a terrible experience.

I have to use the firewall trick to make it somehow useful. (

)

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

No problems on Windows, though with only a tenth of your notes. But we have reports here in the forum that there are installations running with a lot more than you have, and still no problem. But we have reports as well that link the performance especially under Windows to other installed apps that interact with the EN client.

This sort of bug is often very hard to catch.

For me, Android is no alternative to iOS. It is practically impossible to positively use Android and at the same time positively avoid Google. If you want to keep Google out of your closet, you will not be able to really use those features that convert a phone into a smart device.

This is true as well if you allow Google in on your iOS device, but you can turn it off with little loss in usability.

EN on iOS is running good for me, since they got that freezing-when-search-text solved. I have set all of my notebooks to offline on my iPad Pro, so I can work on it nearly as good as on my MacBook when offline (like on the train). I just miss some features like working with several notes at once or nested tags.

Now I am waiting for iOS 13/iPadOS plus the revised EN Apps that will probably improve things further.

And yes, another reason to stick with iOS: Even my iPhone 6S+ will get iOS 13, and I am sure it will be as performant as before, just good as new. Try this on an Android device that is 5 years old.

• Like 1