Support iFrame Embeds in Notes

scav_on_gelli

Idea

Is there a reason this is not supported?  Does anyone know of a decent workaround?

This would be a game-changer for me, as I'd be able to embed things like Google Sheets straight into my notes, and edit them in-page.

ENs are already based off HTML, so I don't know of a reason why support for iFrames would be a huge dev task.  Perhaps it's simply a security/quality-assurance concern?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, scav_on_gelli said:

Is there a reason this is not supported?  Does anyone know of a decent workaround?

This would be a game-changer for me, as I'd be able to embed things like Google Sheets straight into my notes, and edit them in-page.

ENs are already based off HTML, so I don't know of a reason why support for iFrames would be a huge dev task.  Perhaps it's simply a security/quality-assurance concern?

iframe is a prohibited element in Evernote's ENML format; see https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enml.php#prohibited

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, scav_on_gelli said:

Yes I realize that.  That's what I'm asking Evernote to change.

*shrug* Seemed like a reasonable response to what you asked:

I vaguely remember some discussion around that in the forums with an Evernote developer, that I thought contained some of the justification, but I couldn't come up with it, and it's possible I'm misremembering it. You could try searching the forums for it.

I am reevaluating Evernote today after having tested a lot of other software. And I am surprised this feature does not get more attraction.

I used to embedded in my notes either graph from Google Sheet or presentation from Pitch.com or from Google Presentation.