Highlighting a corresponding notebook in the left panel

I would highly appreciate if it was possible to highlight the notebook in which a note is located in the left pane to quickly access it.
With a lot of notebooks and stacks the overview can be quickly lost.

• Level 5*
On 7/13/2019 at 9:31 AM, IgorF said:

I would highly appreciate if it was possible to highlight the notebook in which a note is located in the left pane to quickly access it.
With a lot of notebooks and stacks the overview can be quickly lost.

Shift+Click on the notebook name in the note editor sets the current note filter to notes in that notebook (and highlights it in the left panel as well).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's fantastic Jeff! Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot for that revelation.

I just noticed that it doesn't seem to work for notebooks in a stack when the stack is collapsed. 

Any idea on that?

Igor

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, IgorF said:

I just noticed that it doesn't seem to work for notebooks in a stack when the stack is collapsed. 

Any idea on that?

Ensure that Tools / Options / Navigation / Navigation Options: "Scroll left panel items into view when the item is selected" is checked. Hover over that option for more info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5
On 7/15/2019 at 6:43 PM, jefito said:

Shift+Click on the notebook name in the note editor sets the current note filter to notes in that notebook (and highlights it in the left panel as well).

Brilliant! They'll have to move you up to Level 6 (and make a Level 6 for you if it doesn't exist yet).

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Brilliant! They'll have to move you up to Level 6 (and make a Level 6 for you if it doesn't exist yet).

I agree - I didn't know that either!!  :o

• Level 5*

Can't remember how I figured that out, I think I stumbled across a similar behavior with tags awhile ago, and so just tried it out with notebooks, and voila!

On 7/15/2019 at 6:39 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  If you right-click the notebook name you should be able to apply styles and colours to it.

I just tried this in version 6.19.2.8555 (308555) Public (CE Build ce-62.3.7750), and can't see a way to change the color. I know it is (or was) possible, because some of my notebooks have a different color font. Any further advice?

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, Major Major said:

just tried this in version 6.19.2.8555 (308555) Public (CE Build ce-62.3.7750), and can't see a way to change the color. I know it is (or was) possible, because some of my notebooks have a different color font. Any further advice?

Right-click on a notebook in the left panel (note: doesn't work for stacks), and select "Style...".

It is present in 6.19.2.8555 (308555) Public (CE Build ce-62.3.7750), which I am also using.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 3:37 PM, jefito said:

Right-click on a notebook in the left panel (note: doesn't work for stacks), and select "Style...".

It is present in 6.19.2.8555 (308555) Public (CE Build ce-62.3.7750), which I am also using.

Ah. It was hiding. Thanks, Jefito.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:43 AM, jefito said:

Shift+Click on the notebook name in the note editor sets the current note filter to notes in that notebook (and highlights it in the left panel as well)

Hey @jefito  Yeah, I also learnt this from you some time ago, cheers, and in addition to the other method of clicking the right arrow, think its called a carret, that only visually appears when hovering the mouse over the notebook name, given directly above the note.

But -when using either method, the next issue that arises, especially if one has many notes in the notebook, is that EN no longer highlights/views the original note that was linked to via the in-app link, or found via a search! ...instead it shows the 1st note in the notebook ( I have my middle pane set to 'SIDE LIST' view and Sort by 'Title')...and so once again I have to go looking for it...bloody annoying.

Maybe its a bug with my EN Install, or a symptom of how I have configured the Middle Panel, or maybe just a let down of EN... any ideas?? cheers