crash of evernote by using iOS 13 Beta

I am a beta tester for iOS 13 and of course continue to use the apps that are already installed. With the new iOS 13 version, the notes in Evernote can no longer be opened. The program crashes immediately and is terminated.

Can someone help or please pass this problem on to Evernote. Because here we probably will not go with small changes.

Thank you.

PS. For such crude technical capabilities, Evernote should be able to provide them directly to the developers and not through a community. Just for stimulation.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, djjason said:

Can someone help or please pass this problem on to Evernote

Hi.  I'm not an iOS user so there may be more useful suggestions from others that are.   Although we're a mainly user-supported forum,  Evernote do read posts here,  so they're aware.

I'd imagine Beta testing a new OS is rather likely to generate issues with software that was developed for current production versions.  Evernote will already be working on iOS 13 compliance and iOS 8.22 was made available recently,  but if that's not working you may wish to use a different device for access to your database until there's a further update.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, djjason said:

Can someone help or please pass this problem on to Evernote.

Read in another thread that EN is working with the new IOS 13 beta. 

• Level 5

@djjason P.S. If you read through this „useless“ forum, you can easily find out that there is a EN beta program as well.

The current reports about the betas show that the new EN iOS beta works with the new iOS 13 public beta. Combining an official release app like EN with a public beta like iOS 13 may lead to a crash.

However, if you need your device for something relevant, you should stick with official releases on both ends. There are reports that iOS 13-beta has led to data loss on non-beta-loaded i-devices through iCloud ... (has nothing to do with the EN beta).

On 7/12/2019 at 12:47 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  I'm not an iOS user so there may be more useful suggestions from others that are.   Although we're a mainly user-supported forum,  Evernote do read posts here,  so they're aware.

I'd imagine Beta testing a new OS is rather likely to generate issues with software that was developed for current production versions.  Evernote will already be working on iOS 13 compliance and iOS 8.22 was made available recently,  but if that's not working you may wish to use a different device for access to your database until there's a further update.

Hello, thanks for the hint.

My point is to point out that Evernote, in its current version, will have problems with iOS 13 and need to make the necessary adjustments. I think it's very important for a software company to be alerted to mistakes so as not to cause users great frustration at launch. That's why there are also at Apple's beta versions and the feedback solution to be pointed directly to errors and to receive suggestions. For a good system everyone should go hand in hand. A software company depends on the users. I get my data elsewhere, that's not the point.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, PinkElephant said:

@djjason P.S. If you read through this „useless“ forum, you can easily find out that there is a EN beta program as well.

The current reports about the betas show that the new EN iOS beta works with the new iOS 13 public beta. Combining an official release app like EN with a public beta like iOS 13 however may lead to a crash.

However, if you need your device for something relevant, you should stick with official releases on both ends. There are reports that iOS 13-beta has led to data loss on non-beta-loaded i-devices through iCloud ... (has nothing to do with the EN beta).

Thanks for the hints.

However, you should not assume that I have defined the forum as useless. A forum is always important. However, a company should always give the user a chance to communicate errors directly, and I do not mean handling errors but system-side errors, and that includes a crash.

Betas are always there to test functionalities. And no one who uses a beta assumes that it works fully. There are always restrictions and problems can occur. However, if I test an operating system, and I do this for years and give feedback accordingly, then I also test the current systems installed on each device. And if there are errors, they will be passed on to the companies for further development to incorporate these points into the improvements.

• Level 5*
On 7/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, djjason said:

For such crude technical capabilities, Evernote should be able to provide them directly to the developers and not through a community.

You're posting in a user discussion forum

To contact Evernote Support:

• Level 5

You can do so using iOS 12 and EN app 8.22 - for now.

If „using“ means you have something serious at hand, you should stick with the official releases. Betas are not only prone to crash, they may take down your data as well.