Dear Ian Small,

I just saw your video on the effort to transform the 'editor' and thought it to be excellent, giving much hope to us long-time Evernote disciples. Truthfully, I have threatened to leave Evernote but your recent videos have inspired me to return once again. It really is hard to leave after almost 6-7 years...

BUT when changing the Editor, can you PLEASE enable us to enter handwritten notes in and around our typed entries? This is an essential part of working quickly and to have such 'markup' capabilities would really make a great difference.

PLEASE give me some hope and let me hear from you on this.

Thanks,

Richard

• Level 5

Hi Richard, please be aware that these are basically user-to-user forums, which Evernote staff may look over, but not a reliable means of communicating with them directly. You'd probably have better luck at that by responding to the blog post with Small's video.

EDIT: Small does in fact say that he looks at every response posted to the blog threads with the videos.

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, 123wildog said:

BUT when changing the Editor, can you PLEASE enable us to enter handwritten notes in and around our typed entries?

Handwritting is not really supported by the Evernote note format (enml/html)
It's currently being handled by inserting an attachment file.

Your proposal would require a change for the the note base format to possibly something proprietary

My personal solution is to use a dedicated note editor  (Notability on an iPad).  I save the document in Evernote in pdf and native format

• Level 5

Please do not mix handwriting and markup.

These are two completely different capabilities. Both are requested, but for different use cases.

For handwriting, there is Penultimate (which is not what I would propose).

For markup editing, there is no internal solution, just external editors.