Evernote makes my life better

I own a marketing and branding firm that also operates a well-known blog for marketing students and business owners. The tools I use include a Lenovo ThinkPad, an iMac, an HTC EVO 3D, and an iPad. Our blogging software is all in the cloud. But on weekends, I travel to a city without any Internet access.

I just wanted to say how important Evernote is to our blogging operation. I use the offline features of Evernote, thankfully available on all of my devices, to type up blog posts. Once I get back to a data connection, I sync all the posts and paste them into our blogging interface.

The Notes feature on the iPad pales in comparison and I would be wasting all my time copying and pasting from that if it wasn't for Evernote.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Evernote is my saving grace, helping me organize everything from my day to day responsibilities (bills, notes, manuals, recipes, license keys for products, cards) to documenting tech support case notes because I don't remember them after the fact in most cases. Being able to use it on mobile as well as on the desktop, it has become an irreplaceable tool.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 6:55 AM, Gogoal Shop said:

I own a marketing and branding firm that also operates a well-known blog for marketing students and business owners. The tools I use include a Lenovo ThinkPad, an iMac, an HTC EVO 3D, and an iPad. Our blogging software is all in the cloud. But on weekends, I travel to a city without any Internet access.

I just wanted to say how important Evernote is to our blogging operation. I use the offline features of Evernote, thankfully available on all of my devices, to type up blog posts. Once I get back to a data connection, I sync all the posts and paste them into our blogging interface.

The Notes feature on the iPad pales in comparison and I would be wasting all my time copying and pasting from that if it wasn't for Evernote.

Good to hear that! As a blogger and internet user I can't imagine my life without Evernote, its addons as well as other products, which were helpful to set a blog like MyStraightener. Using offline features is a cool thing too. Before gadget era I was using sticky notes and physical notebooks everywhere. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say, Evernote is my favorite tool as well.  I've looked at aspects and said "Why am I using Evernote when I can use Onenote for free?" or "Why pay 70.00 for Evernote when Notion is only 40.00?"  I let my mind take over and say "I'm not renewing my subscription, I'm going to do it this way instead".  That's always a BIG MISTAKE.  I always find myself getting into the new system then missing the little things that Evernote did better or does that this system doesn't, and I wind up returning to Evernote. 

I've done this for the last five years, and I think I FINALLY learned my lesson. Evernote is the best software out there for what it's meant to do.  I've decided, that I'm not going to let the hype and Youtube videos that say "Evernote is Dead, use this instead" sway me anymore. Evernote is the tool that works before for me. It makes my life easier, and it allows me to quickly get my work done.  

It is my favorite software tool I use and it will be for years to come. 

• Like 4
  • Level 5

For those here who are on blogging, you may take a look at

https://postach.io/

The software is made to publish blog posts directly from EN. It may lack some of the advanced functions other blogging tools have, but it is the fastest and easiest way to maintain a steady flow of posts coming right out of EN.

Evernote and the productivity community have really helped me think through how I organize everything I have to do. Actually building up my internal system has been really useful, and I've gotten to a point where it's functional in every sense and not just nice to look at like many productivity systems.

Evernote's powerful tags and searching features are indispensable. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, DTLow said:

Welcome to the forums.

Evernote's a favourite tool for me.  I use it to store/organize all my documents.

When you say store all your documents  - does this mean things one would normal store in DropBox or GDrive? For example, I have about 18 GB of "teaching materials" - I'd love to make each folder of teaching stuff a note in Evernote - I think this would be a great way to organize my stuff and make a WiKi of sorts - link my daily lesson plans to the appropriate Note - Does this work do you think?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Robejazz said:

When you say store all your documents  - does this mean things one would normal store in DropBox or GDrive? For example, I have about 18 GB of "teaching materials" - I'd love to make each folder of teaching stuff a note in Evernote - I think this would be a great way to organize my stuff and make a WiKi of sorts - link my daily lesson plans to the appropriate Note - Does this work do you think?

Yes, I mean all my documents.   
I don't use Dropbox or GDrive.  I prefer the organization/search features supported in Evernote

>>For example, I have about 18 GB of "teaching materials" - I'd love to make each folder of teaching stuff a note in Evernote

Evernote can easily handle that volume of material

Be aware that Evernote doesn't support a folder filing methodology   
The primary organization tool is Tags
Notebooks are also supported, but there's only two levels and limited entries
Users can emulate folders using the notebook/tag trees in the sidebar

>>link my daily lesson plans to the appropriate Note - Does this work do you think?

This would work for me me.    
Daily Lesson plans would also be stored in Evernote.