Evernote iOS13 Public Beta - Crash on Edit/Create

Evernote crashes on creating new note or trying to modify existing notes. Syncing appears to work and creating notes from an image works. Searching and changing settings also seem to work.   Maybe something to do with the new ios keyboard?

• Like 1

I’m having the same issue on my iphone XS (iOS 13 public beta 1) but not on my iPad Pro 11 it works fone (ipadOS 13 public beta 1)

tried:

- update evernote

- clear cache

- sign out and sign in to evernote

- uninstalling and reinstalling 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Yeah, gave IOS 13 a go yesterday, back on 12 today.  iPad just kept locking up and EN would not work.  A subset of notes made it to the device, but then every time after that a crash.  I guess that's why they call it a beta.  The fall will be soon enough.

I've been unable to sign in to support or help and learning.  It kicks me back out as soon as I enter 2FA code.  Finally found a person to contact in the community forum.  Hope to have the login fixed shortly and then I will report the crashing issue to Evernote support.

Just a heads up (and I think I read a response to this somewhere already but didn't see it in this thread) that the team is aware of this and they are working on the issues that come with iOS 13. However, because it's a beta it's run at your own risk. Evernote has limited support (very limited) for their own betas so an iOS beta is not going to be something support can help with. I highly recommend signing up for the Evernote beta program for whatever device that you have. I've been a tester for years and the team is very responsive. That would give you an alternative option when running into these problems, although it's not a for sure fix for crashes especially running a beta on a beta ;)

• Like 2

I have found that while waiting for the fix to these crashes to be available the WEB version of Evernote using Safari on iOS 13 is working just fine.  So, I'm still able to update and create new notes use the web browser.

• Like 1

Just Upgraded to IOS Public beta-2.  Eve note seems to be more stable on this version.  Previously it would crash any time I would open up a note or try to create a new note, now it does not crash as often.

• Like 1
On 7/2/2019 at 4:00 PM, CindyM in Phoenix said:

I was able to chat with support.  They are aware of the issue and are working on it.  No ETA on a fix was given.

Good news.  I haven’t tried all aspects of the app but the Evernote App is working again ie new note and edit notes after I installed the IOS 13 Public beta update today.  I will also check iPadOS once I am able to download.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 6:56 AM, Drazak said:

Still some issues even after public beta 2 - for example indenting bulleted lists doesn’t work, but at least it’s somewhat usable again.

Yup, this is driving me insane!

Installed iPadOS Beta yesterday to get mouse support (OMG, wish I hadn’t.. It’s really not worth it.. Compared to the mouse support I already have inside of Jump RDP, the iPadOS Mouse support is a massive joke :(  No ability to use the pointer to select text for copy/paste, no really useful mouse button mappings etc, but I digress..), and now losing my mind trying to get evernote to work.. It’s been my daily driver for years, now I’m having to use Apple Notes :\

Evernote app simply sites there with a spinner trying to load any Note..  Evernote in Safari has this bullet issue that makes documents basically un-editable..  i’m currently RDP’d to a windows box from my iPad, just to use evernote, which isn’t exactly ideal, but it’s working..  It means I can’t just grab my pencil and start sketching when it’s time to do network diagrams etc, which is killing my day to day :\

I always run iOS Beta’s and have never really had this issue before with Evernote :(

I can’t open any notes with handwritten notes within. There is only a spinning wheel, and nothing happens. There is the same behaviour both in Evernote Beta, and in the regular app.

I just recently downloaded iPad OS 13-3.

Please tell me that there is a workaround?

11 hours ago, Kjelle said:

There is only a spinning wheel, and nothing happens.

Same here.  Then I thought I'd just use the web site, but that forces the app to open every time.  Anyone know if there's a way to prevent that?  Could be a decent work-around for now.

12 hours ago, Kjelle said:

I can’t open any notes with handwritten notes within. There is only a spinning wheel, and nothing happens. There is the same behaviour both in Evernote Beta, and in the regular app.

I just recently downloaded iPad OS 13-3.

Please tell me that there is a workaround?

1 hour ago, Carlos.A said:

Same here.  Then I thought I'd just use the web site, but that forces the app to open every time.  Anyone know if there's a way to prevent that?  Could be a decent work-around for now.

This issue is actually with Apple and not the EN app. I am running the latest developer beta released yesterday and it’s working fine. Better actually. If you are on the public beta you should be up and running with the next Apple update whenever that releases. 

2 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

This issue is actually with Apple and not the EN app. I am running the latest developer beta released yesterday and it’s working fine. Better actually. If you are on the public beta you should be up and running with the next Apple update whenever that releases. 

Oh my word, thankyou! Off to get off the public beta and onto the developer beta right now!  Had been considering it anyway, as the constant springboard crashes (2-3/hour) are killing me, but if that's going to fix Evernote, I'm doing it before I head to work this morning!  I'd started moving notes from Evernote into Apple Notes, because I'm losing my mind, not able to use Evernote at all at the moment on my iPad :( Thankyou!

** Edit **  Public Beta 4 is out!!!

** Edit 30 mins later **  YES!!! Evernote works again!!!! :D

Edited by Rendrag
Completed iPadOS upgrade :D
  • Like 1