note search of imaged words

seebee

Idea

If I  'screen clip' a document, an invoice for example, and drop it into EV, a search within 'all notes' will find the imaged word (not bad).

But, if you go to the note that contains this screen clip and perform  the same  search, it will not find it. Search within a note will find text only I am guessing

What gives?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

The answer is that EN build it’s own search index on the server, from „looking“ at pictures and pdfs not OCRed. They will not change the original note or attachment, but add the content to the index.

If the attachment is OCRed itself, or in case of a picture contains the text as a tag in the EXIF-data, it will be found when you search within of the note.

If the attachments were not OCRed or marked, the search will show you the note in which the content is located.

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, seebee said:

But, if you go to the note that contains this screen clip and perform  the same  search, it will not find it. Search within a note will find text only I am guessing

On my Mac, search within note finds text in images489024822_ScreenShot2019-06-27at13_17_54.png.83568cc66bd382acb4091bcdd143901a.png