Evernote for Windows 6.19 GA

• Ex Employees
Today we released Windows 6.19 GA. It's available here!
What’s in 6.19 GA?

New:
* Automated file splitting on export of enex files. We are making it easier to backup and import files, especially on file systems that do not support large files or systems with low memory...
* Security update

Fixed:
* Fixed an error in export option when selecting all notes (Ctrl + A)
* Cursor jumps to beginning of note body during sync while editing note in shared notebook
* Fixed an issue with changing Evernote DB location
  • Iriska pinned this topic
43 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

That long discussion should remain there, I am asking whether staff is allowed to comment briefly about the most current priority level for that issue alone, as they have in the past.

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

That long discussion should remain there, I am asking whether staff is allowed to comment briefly about the most current priority level for that issue alone, as they have in the past.

A long discussion, yes, but the most recent post by an Evernote employee on the subject was just a month ago, and at least then it was looking unlikely in the short term.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

They really do that only rarely, but in this case (and in the referenced post), @dconnet was pretty clear that it's unlikely any time soon. And that was pretty recently. I think you have your answer already.

49 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

A long discussion, yes, but the most recent post by an Evernote employee on the subject was just a month ago, and at least then it was looking unlikely in the short term.

Long in the sense that we don't need to debate it here, it has been rehashed into the ground already.  I was aware of the last answer a month ago.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Evernote just shut down again for me - 2nd time in two days.  This is my Fatal Error comment:

About 30 minutes into a new session,  6 apps running including Evernote
- I moved 59 notes from various notebooks (mainly the default) into a new notebook
and the window then closed by itself.  Killed the Tray and Clipper processes and restarted
and this Fatal Error popped up.  Second crash I've had in two days...

Anyone else having Evernote close down randomly?

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Evernote just shut down again for me - 2nd time in two days.  This is my Fatal Error comment:

Yeah -- looks like it happened over the weekend here at work. No error message when I woke up my session, just clicking on the Evernote taskbar icon didn't open up the main UI. When that happens, you need to close the tray and clipper processes and then relaunch should be fine. Not seeing anything leading in the logs.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Maybe.  I (almost) always leave EN open and this morning it was closed, including the task bar.  I don't recall closing it, but maybe ... I relaunched and continued on.  So far no issues.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Just installed, thanks for the heads up.  Something happens I'll be back.

On 6/27/2019 at 3:43 AM, Iriska said:
Today we released Windows 6.19 GA. It's available here!
What’s in 6.19 GA?

New:
* Automated file splitting on export of enex files. We are making it easier to backup and import files, especially on file systems that do not support large files or systems with low memory...
* Security update

Fixed:
* Fixed an error in export option when selecting all notes (Ctrl + A)
* Cursor jumps to beginning of note body during sync while editing note in shared notebook
* Fixed an issue with changing Evernote DB location

Is there a way to disable export file splitting altogether? In the options I only see a way to specify the size of the file, from 0 to 2GB... (Perhaps 0 means "no splitting"?)

thanks!

PS: very happy to see that EN developers are now focused on the basics like infrastructures and stability, instead of emoji support (just to name one)

• 2 weeks later...

Possible small bug, have not managed to repeat it yet:

I created a note that was simply a link (URL).  After several syncs it somehow became a copy of the web page itself (odd).  Then I tried to delete it after I no longer needed it, was unable (both keyboard delete and menu delete did not work) though deleting other notes work just fine.  Ctrl-Help-Fix Selected Note did nothing.

So I went to Android to delete it, then emptied the trash in Windows.  Problem solved, apparently.

Just wondering if anyone noticed anything similar.

YOU SAID:  Automated file splitting on export of enex files. We are making it easier to backup and import files, especially on file systems that do not support large files or systems with low memory...

Today I did my monthly backup to ENEX file. But this time, evernote created 4 Enex files of 375MB each instead of one file at 1.3GB. I'm on a Windows 10 machine so can you explain the benefit of this?

On 6/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, Iriska said:
 What’s in 6.19 GA?  
New: * Automated file splitting on export of enex files. We are making it easier to backup and import files, especially on file systems that do not support large files or systems with low memory... * Security update

Is there any way to disable this file splitting? 

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, GNI Mandy said:

Is there any way to disable this file splitting? 

There is a setting in options for export file size. Set it to 0. 

• Level 5*
On 7/24/2019 at 4:21 AM, TheMostRtRev said:

YOU SAID:  Automated file splitting on export of enex files. We are making it easier to backup and import files, especially on file systems that do not support large files or systems with low memory...

Today I did my monthly backup to ENEX file. But this time, evernote created 4 Enex files of 375MB each instead of one file at 1.3GB. I'm on a Windows 10 machine so can you explain the benefit of this?

See this post and surrounding discussion: 

• Level 5*
On 7/24/2019 at 9:21 AM, TheMostRtRev said:

See posts below yours.  Switch the split off if you prefer - it's meant to be a convenience for users with limited storage.  The split files are slightly larger in total size because of the additional information that needs to be included with a section of a whole.

• Iriska locked and unpinned this topic

Archived