v7.11 Shows same device twice in list

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I just updated (from within the Mac app)  to v7.11. I got a window asking me to log in. Then a window asking me to upgrade: I have the free version, good for syncing on two devices.

I got to a window showing a list of my devices. It listed my MacBook Pro, my iPhone, then my MacBook Pro again. ???

I don't want to delete one listing of my Mac only to have the other listing locked out of syncing. What's up with this bugginess?

Please see attached screenshot of the list.

Thank you for any tips and help!

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 10.00.46 AM.pdf

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  No rocket science involved here - the app got confused for some reason (changed IP addresses?).  Just delete both MacBooks and then add the device back when you want to connect again.  It takes a couple of seconds.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  No rocket science involved here - the app got confused for some reason (changed IP addresses?).  Just delete both MacBooks and then add the device back when you want to connect again.  It takes a couple of seconds.

gazumped — Thanks! It was actually easier than that: I deleted the earlier "MacBook Pro" from the Sync list and all was well. It (the Evernote god) kept the "Current" "MacBook Pro" so I didn't have to add it back.

Case closed!

• Like 1