I think app designers perhaps had in mind touchscreen typers/writers on the iPad so the default font size was quite small and it was fitting for that. If one uses then a wireless keyboard though (which many are starting to use) my eyes are farther from the screen... even if I have my reading glasses with me, it is not that easy to read. Good contrast, brightness, AND bigger fonts are important if one wants to avoid eye strain. So I think, a bigger font is needed.

I tried Bear app, migrated all my notes (16000 of them!) And with all the tags included (not the notebooks which I don’t mind) it works! It is a lot better even, with adjustable fonts... As of now, the Bear app is my alternative. If no change happens on this (sounds like a threat, haha sorry), I will definitely migrate. 

• Like 2
On 6/25/2019 at 10:45 PM, Franthonyreyes13@gmail.com said:

I think app designers perhaps had in mind touchscreen typers/writers on the iPad so the default font size was quite small and it was fitting for that. If one uses then a wireless keyboard though (which many are starting to use) my eyes are farther from the screen... even if I have my reading glasses with me, it is not that easy to read. Good contrast, brightness, AND bigger fonts are important if one wants to avoid eye strain. So I think, a bigger font is needed.

I tried Bear app, migrated all my notes (16000 of them!) And with all the tags included (not the notebooks which I don’t mind) it works! It is a lot better even, with adjustable fonts... As of now, the Bear app is my alternative. If no change happens on this (sounds like a threat, haha sorry), I will definitely migrate. 

This is been honestly, my biggest frustration with using the iOS version of Evernote. It is so difficult to you’ll have the default font size be so small. I am either adjusting the font every time or not even using the app.

It’s such a surprise to me that this hasn’t been resolved in the past as I always felt like I was the only one that had difficulty trying to read. And I have 20/20 vision. 

• Like 1

The small default font on iOS has long been my biggest frustration too. I'm hoping the "new" Evernote - featured in the videos - will allow more font control, but from what they showed, it looks like font and size still can't be set ☹️

I know right? I actually am holding out for what the new EVERNOTE looks like and see. I do feel though this CEO is a lot more responsive and in tune with customers than previous teams. I felt like in the past there was such a disconnect with the users and what EVERNOTE was doing as a business. This team seems to really have a change in focus. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On my Mac and on my android phone I can easily increase the view size and the page auto adjusts. There seems to be no View enlargement option for my iPad. To me this is an even bigger issue than the actual font size issue. Why can the view not be changed?