Evernote encryption doesn’t work well in iOS

I have Evernote on my windows 10, my iPad, and my iPhone 6 Plus. My iPad and iPhone are both using the most recent version of iOS. I also have the most recent version of Evernote.

Whenever I encrypt a note, The encryption works well on my windows, but it does not work well at all on iOS.   Sometimes when I am typing in the pass phrase for the encryption on my iOS device, somehow it makes the entire encrypted text disappear.  That encrypted text is gone for good.   Also, even if it doesn’t disappear, when I try to edit it the encrypted text on my iOS device, I don’t even get a keyboard to show up. It will not allow me to edit that encrypted text.  And additionally, sometimes I click on the box  to input the passphrase for encryption, and nothing happens at all, The dialog box for the pass phrase input does not come up at all. This encryption problem has been going on for years.

Evernote has so many problems at this point, that I am definitely switching over to OneNote or some other alternative. Evernote clearly is not committed to having a good product, or they dont have good technical people working on these type of bugs.  I have a Evernote premium so I’m paying a lot and Evernote is not taking care of these problems!