We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
gadgetfan

How to delete saved searches in Android?

How can we remove saved searches in the Android app? I feel like I must be missing something obvious, but I can't find that anywhere.

I had created a bunch of test searches when there were search issues with the app a few months back, but they don't do me any good now.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell, saved searches wind up in the Shortcuts area on the pullout menu in Android. Try long-pressing on a shortcut, and see whether a "Remove from shortcuts" button pops up. That''s what I see, anyways. After removing a shortcut, I synced, and the shortcut was removed from my Evernpte on the web (I'm away from my Windows desktop at the moment, so I can't see what happened in that environment).

4 minutes ago, jefito said:

As far as I can tell, saved searches wind up in the Shortcuts area on the pullout menu in Android. Try long-pressing on a shortcut, and see whether a "Remove from shortcuts" button pops up. That''s what I see, anyways. After removing a shortcut, I synced, and the shortcut was removed from my Evernpte on the web (I'm away from my Windows desktop at the moment, so I can't see what happened in that environment).

Thanks. Only some of my saved searches show up as shortcuts on Android, and they're the ones I want to keep. I think I set them up on Windows originally. Regardless, the ones I want to remove aren't in the shortcuts menu.

I don't have access to a PC right now either, but I'm hopeful that I can remove these orphan saved searches when I have access to a computer again. I was just hoping someone had a simple solution that I was overlooking.

Hi.  Doesn't look like its possible to delete a saved search in the mobile app,  though it is in the (Classic) web version.  Click in the search box to pop-up a list of previous and saved searches;  then hover over the name to rename or delete it.