Maximum screen cut size for screenshot mode of web clipper

Is there a maximum screen cut size for screenshot mode of web clipper? I am taking this screenshot of a pdf which is opened in Chrome (As I want only that part of PDF). Though I can see the entire screen at once,  but what gets clipped is smaller than what i wanted. Have a look at the screen captures. 

I am using Windows 10.

Image1: what I get

Image2: what I wanted.

Image2 [2].png

Image [3] [2].png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Atul Mishra said:

I realise that the top left corner of the screenshot is also shifted. It seems a bug to me.

Just clipped using EN Clipper from the above, image below.  Seemed to work, make sure you aren't releasing the mouse button before you have highlighted the entire area.

Also, if you are using the Windows desktop app, you can use Capture screen, set your own hotkey if you like.  Again have to be sure not to release the mouse button until the entire area is highlighted.

Image.png.30cfdadc3da475b823ef157516c4ff89.png

Image.jpg.199fd8d33a1cc7f605a0d93ac89d9f75.jpg

• Level 5*

Can't access the link in Chrome, security block.  So I brought up a PDF from a site I use and Clipper would not open.  Not a partial clip, no opportunity to clip whatsoever.  

3 hours ago, CalS said:

Can't access the link in Chrome, security block.  So I brought up a PDF from a site I use and Clipper would not open.  Not a partial clip, no opportunity to clip whatsoever.  

I tried on another PC. It was Windows 7 + Chrome. With web clipper, the same problem. 

• Level 5

@Atul Mishra Tried the link from Safari / Mac: Worked perfectly, both via Webclipper direct, as well as through the button "Save pdf to Evernote" created by Webclipper via Settings.

It always clips the whole pdf, which has several pages.

You have chosen the option "Snapshot" (visible by the tools displayed in your screenshot), which creates an image of the website on display. Tried this as well, worked as well with the whole screen area selected.

Is there no option "pdf" when you try to clip this in Chrome, or did you want to clip an image ?

795847511_Bild23_06.19um17_41.jpg.cc3338ef63d5d5359175b94102f71e07.jpg

• Level 5

My conclusion: Maybe something specific to Webclipper on Chrome with handling of embedded pdfs.

For some time, there was something similar with Firefox: It would no let you clip any pdf. One had to go into the pdf and use commands like "save" to send a copy to the computers disk.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

You have chosen the option "Snapshot" (visible by the tools displayed in your screenshot), which creates an image of the website on display.

Yup, I chose Screenshot (which I think is same as snapshot). Pl. check the image.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Is there no option "pdf" when you try to clip this in Chrome, or did you want to clip an image ?

PDF option is there, but I wanted to clip a portion of the entire PDF.

ScreenClip.png.e85c9ca047f2c6f18577336174d8f94c.png

• Level 5

Yes, this is "Screenshot" in German. And it screenshots whatever I want. At least here on the Mac, and I would be surprised if this would be different with Firefox on Windows. I have never encountered a restriction of size to what I can copy. The only thing was that Firefox for quite a while refused to open Webclipper when on a page with a pdf.

Sorry, no Chrome ... I avoid Google products as much as possible on my computers, same with Facebook ... 

My solution would be to rather catch the whole pdf. It will probably not be larger than an image of just a part of it, and can be searched without any further action. If I needed a screen copy, and WebClipper would fail me, I would probably use the Clipping tool of Win10 to cut out what I want, and send it to Evernote as an image.

YES, Thanks for elaborating it.

As mentioned earlier, using the EN Windows app clipping feature, I was successfully able to clip this PDF. Currently I am using that only.

Evernote team should take note of it. 

• Level 5

If you want to make EN work on it, I propose a support ticket. They will not drive by here and pick it up.

For me it is still not clear why clipping of a plain image should be restricted in Chrome, and not in other Browsers. I think to sort this out somebody with an installation of that type is needed.

• Level 5*

This is a bug. I was able to replicate the problem in the Chrome PDF viewer. The web clipper  screen shot actually captured was shifted to the right from the point I specified when I drew the clip box. This being a "Possible Bugs / Technical Issues" forum, it's a fair place to post the problem. Maybe going through tech support will yield a fix more rapidly, but I kinda doubt it. Still needs to be prioritized with respect to ongoing work and other bugs.

• 6 months later...

Hate to necro this thread, but this bug still exists. Screenshot from web clipper on Chrome for macOS shifts the screenshot, cutting off part of the content that I wanted to capture.

One difference with the other reported experience - I was not trying to snapshot a PDF, but rather a pop-up on a web-page which the article / simplified article options would not capture.