How to remove a note from a notebook?

Kenatsun

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Kenatsun said:

I have added a note to a notebook where it doesn't belong.  How can I remove the note from that notebook without deleting the note?

All notes have to be in a notebook.  If you don't want to delete the note, then the action is to move it to another notebook.  The specifics will depend on which device you are using.

• Like 1

I'm using evernote on Windows 7 and on an Android tablet (Nexus 7). 

Oh, I see - my notes that I didn't think were in any notebook are in the catchall one called "kenatsun's notebook".  So I was able to remove my note from the wrong notebook by moving it (by drag-and-drop, on Windows) to "kenatsun's notebook".  Thanks, s2sailor.

BTW, is there any way to put the same note in more than one notebook?  I don't mean by making a copy; I mean a single note that is in multiple notebooks, so any edits to it show up no matter which notebook you access it from.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Kenatsun said:

BTW, is there any way to put the same note in more than one notebook? 

Nope.  A note can only exist in one notebook.  If you want a note to exist in two "categories" then use tags.  Many of us tend to use few notebooks but many tags for organization.  A forum search will bring up many posts and opinions and recommendations on that.

You will have one default notebook where new notes or clipped note will go to unless you redirect them to another notebook.  It sounds like yours is called kenatsun's notebook.  Many of us rename the default notebook to something like inbox which then acts as a collection box for new notes.  From there you can then reorganize your notes by moving to other notebooks, adding tags, etc.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Kenatsun said:

I have added a note to a notebook where it doesn't belong.  How can I remove the note from that notebook without deleting the note?

Here's some documentation, including "Move a note to another notebook"

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005637-Organize-with-notebooks

>>BTW, is there any way to put the same note in more than one notebook? 

No, only a single notebook per note

fwiw  I have minimal notebooks; basically Inbox and Filing

For note organization, I use Tags.  A note can be assigned multiple tags

• Like 1