• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Eaglewomen said:

I'm new to Evernote and I'm trying to delete a notebook went to the Q&A and tried what it said but when I right clicked on the notebook there is no delete button.

Alternatively, select the notebook and Edit -> Delete from the menu, but what you tried should have worked.  Sometimes a reboot will cure weirdness like this.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Eaglewomen said:

I'm new to Evernote and I'm trying to delete a notebook went to the Q&A and tried what it said but when I right clicked on the notebook there is no delete button.

Please post a link to the Q & A page that you went to; if it has bad information, then Evernote should know about it and fix it. I don't recall that there's ever been a "delete" button for notebooks.

A web search for "evernote windows delete notebook" turned up the following Evernote page, which contains the correct way to do it: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313478-How-to-delete-notes-and-manage-your-Trash

• Level 5

Yes, it is possible to delete a whole notebook. Just mark it and hit „del“ (at least it works like that on the Mac client, PC is already down for the night).

There even is a box asking if you are sure.

If it was a mistake you noticed after you klicked the box away, not much harm done: All notes from that notebook will still be in Trash, ready to recover. It is just bad if it was one of these 1000+ notebooks, because you can not restore the notebook - it is note by note.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Eaglewomen said:

Can you post a screenshot. I'm seeing delete on my Mac

I'm expecting Evernote/Windows to be similar
272021586_ScreenShot2019-06-18at15_26_00.png.88bdaf5b6aa2855b47a4ef80ffbf599b.png

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Eaglewomen said:

Windows desktop or browser?

4 hours ago, jefito said:

Please post a link to the Q & A page that you went to; if it has bad information, then Evernote should know about it and fix it. I don't recall that there's ever been a "delete" button for notebooks.

A web search for "evernote windows delete notebook" turned up the following Evernote page, which contains the correct way to do it: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313478-How-to-delete-notes-and-manage-your-Trash

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313478-How-to-delete-notes-and-manage-your-Trash Under Delete notebooks MAC AND WINDOWS

1. Right-click the notebook you'd like to delete
  2. Select Delete Notebook... from the options list
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The delete is there. But the word „notebook“ is missing, replaced by 3 dots for „pick this, and you are still safe, because a next menu will follow“.

It does say "Delete..", and the context should be pretty clear, since the user right-clicked on a notebook. But it should be changed to "Delete Notebook..." to be consistent with the documentation, yes.

• Level 5

Or the documentation changed to reflect the menu ... I personally like the 3 dots, because there is a window behind it, that asks if you are really sure (whatever this will do you good, if you do not know what you are going to initiate).

• Level 5*

Anyone expecting EN documentation, or any software product for that matter, to be pristine will be sorely disappointed.  My experience anyway.  As long as it gets me in the general vicinity....

• Level 5

... and there is no need to explain everything, as long as basic GUI rules are followed.

If I right-klick on something, and I get an option "Delete ...", I assume that this means the object I've clicked on, and that something will follow because of the 3 dots.

But I've learned as well that there are big differences between users, and women tend to follow more the documentation, whereas men tend to simply try it out. In the end, the people keeping support teams busy because things really went uphill are mostly men ...

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

there are big differences between users, and women tend to follow more the documentation, whereas men tend to simply try it out.

There's an axiom about buying a toaster; women read the instructions, men sign up at a toaster user discussion group.😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

I personally like the 3 dots, because there is a window behind it, that asks if you are really sure (whatever this will do you good, if you do not know what you are going to initiate).

This is standard Windows UI practice, meaning you're suppose to add the '...' if a dialog will follow immediately, but nothing in the Windows API enforces that either way, which makes it a convention and not every user knows that that's the convention. Again, the right-click on an item is supposed to show a context menu for that item (a notebook in this case), so "Delete..." should be expected to refer to that notebook, but sometimes developers cram all sorts of extra stuff in there, so it's not always clear. "Delete Notebook..." would be better (and also match up with the documentation). 

• Confused 1
On 6/18/2019 at 12:42 PM, s2sailor said:

Alternatively, select the notebook and Edit -> Delete from the menu, but what you tried should have worked.  Sometimes a reboot will cure weirdness like this.

I have figured out how to delete it!  Thank to all 

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 10/29/2019 at 10:16 PM, classyrebel said:

I am having the same problem. right clicking does nothing and opening the notebook does not give me any edit feature pics attached. 

Looks like you are using the old Microsoft store version of Evernote. I'd ditch that in favor of the far more capable Windows desktop version. Try this link: https://evernote.com/download