Crashes when swiping away from app and back.

With a note open and the editor up (keyboard showing) swiping with four fingers to Safari and then back to Evernote causes a crash. This is reproducible with many notes almost each time. I’ve done a full uninstall and install of EN on iPad and all my offline folders are downloaded. Also, have multiple support tickets in that haven’t been answered in days, and one in a week, so I’m asking here... anyone else seeing this? If so, have you found a way to resolve it?

• Level 5

Thanks for the hint.

Just tried it several times, on iPad Pro 10.5 / 512GB, iOS 12.3.1, EN 8.21, several apps open, Evernote open, Keyboard up, switch to Safari with 4-finger-swipe, and back, then to other apps, and back, on 2 notes, one with text, the other with a pdf as attachment.

No crash.

When coming back to Evernote, the virtual keyboard slides quickly down to the edge of the screen, and comes up right away.

There must be some other factor in this that causes the trouble.

One thing I left out that maybe you or someone else can try if you have a minute. Swipe from EN (with keyboard up in editor) to Safari then back to EN. Once back in Evernote with the keyboard up move the carrot/cursor further down in the note. Then repeat the process of swiping from EN to Safari and back. This crashes Evernote for me every single time.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Yes - boom bang boom

The move with the carrot trick did it. But only after the second try. So open, move, move back, in EN go down, place cursor, move, move back - everything still working - move, move back - and now it crashed when touching the EN app to move the cursor further.

Looks to me as if there is a stack to hold intermediary information from the move, and on the second move there is a memory overflow that creates an undefined situation.

If your support tickets are already open, maybe you should add this detail of the carrot/cursor placement to make the follow up easier.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Never got to this point before.

Reason 1: I mostly use an external keyboard (Logitech), so the virtual keys rarely show. Maybe I will try tomorrow whether the trick works as well with the physical keys.

Reason 2: When I copy stuff from the web (and do not use the clipper which I mostly do) I rather use split screen and drag & drop. Will try this as well.