EvernoteSpotlight wants to use your confidential information stored in “Evernote” in your keychain

Go to solution Solved by DTLow,

For the last few days, I keep getting random popups saying "EvernoteSpotlight wants to use your confidential information stored in “Evernote” in your keychain. To allow this, enter the “login” keychain password."

I enter the password, but the same message appears a few minutes or hours later. Has anyone experienced this issue?
  • Level 5*
  • Solution
On 6/16/2019 at 3:23 AM, Juan Alonso said:
For the last few days, I keep getting random popups saying "EvernoteSpotlight wants to use your confidential information stored in “Evernote” in your keychain. To allow this, enter the “login” keychain password."

I enter the password, but the same message appears a few minutes or hours later. Has anyone experienced this issue?

I'm also having this problem, came here to report it and found this thread so will add my voice to those above...i kept hitting the 'Deny' button but it keeps coming back. 

Glad to hear it's being dealt with, hope it's fixed in the next update.

Screenshot 2019-06-20 at 8.38.12 pm.png

• Level 5

The update to Mac-client 7.11 contains that fix, and can be officially downloaded since of today (not a beta any more).

It is for sure on the EN website (I’ve downloaded and installed it from there this morning) , and it should as well be on the App Store.

• Level 5
20 hours ago, Nick L. said:

Hi Folks, 

Evernote for Mac 7.11 is now available to download. You can get it here.

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed a data migration error that some users encountered after upgrading to 7.10
  • Fixed an issue where Evernote helper displayed null as keyboard shortcut.
  • Fixed an issue where a recorded audio note that was shared via email would not play in MacOS Mail 
  • Fixed an issue where EvernoteSpotlight prompted for a password

Enjoy!

Just copied it here for ease of use.

• Like 1

Thanks PinkElephant...i checked for updates a little while ago and sure enough the new version was there ready to download and install so hopefully that bug will not be a problem now.