Evernote for iOS 8.21 Available on App Store

AgnesP

Idea

• Ex Employees

Hello all! Evernote for iOS 8.21 is now available to the App Store! As always, any feedback is welcome!

Improved

- If the app seems a little zippier now, it’s not your imagination. We made some tweaks so your notes will load faster.

- We take data security very seriously, so we made some updates to keep your information even more secure.

Fixed

- If you share a note with more than two people, you can now see all their email addresses on the share screen. That’ll help avoid any awkward sharing accidents.

- Photos you add using the camera icon will now appear in chronological order. So “Wedding 2019” will appear after “Spring Break 2015”. Just like real life.

- 'Unlock with Face ID’ will now let you create a photo note using 3D Touch. It didn’t do that before, which went against the whole spirit of ‘unlock.'

- When you created an offline notebook, you sometimes got a message saying “Notebook downloading.” Was it downloading anything? No, but it won’t say that anymore.

• Thanks 2

12 replies to this idea

Can you please tell me if, or when you plan to reintroduce the “paragraph direction” feature?

as someone, that has about half their notes written in a right-to-left language that’s a crucial question I can’t seem to find an answer to. I’ve. Asked the support and they referred me to the forum. 

Thanks!

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, igeret said:

I’ve. Asked the support and they referred me to the forum. 

I'm surprised they redirected you to the forum for a question like this.  No one here can answer that.  I would suggest opening another support ticket and hopefully you will get a different response.

• Level 5

My answer would be "now".

Screenshots: Pick the symbol above the keyboard, second from the left, pick the right alignment - this will move the paragraph you selected it from to the right, from then on the next paragraphs will be added with right alignment. To close the selection window an go back to typing, hit the "X" beside the "+".

The only issue is: You can not put it into the settings, you have to pick it anew with each new note.

FA2C1426-909C-4157-BE32-F76A5DFE85DA.jpeg.9797cd1e49d3098c3d039b23f3850314.jpeg

A7B8C22E-7A2D-402F-9528-C66B642AF93F.jpeg.899df1a5aff42e0b0388b7b8bfb2c9b9.jpeg

FCDAF284-8427-463B-A895-FD9CC5740EEA.jpeg.5490a908f3c3a151bad822f422d8eae3.jpeg

Unfortunately that’s not how it works. That only changes the alignment of the paragraph not the direction. iOS, has this option when you choose a text that changes the direction of the paragraph rather than just the alignment. This arrow was always part of Evernote but is missing from this current version.  

ED6CF5E4-1C68-4BE1-BB56-5B0C7255E882.jpeg

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, igeret said:

Can you please tell me if, or when you plan to reintroduce the “paragraph direction” feature?

as someone, that has about half their notes written in a right-to-left language that’s a crucial question

Just curious about this.
I don't use r>l languages, but surely this is not a simple paragraph direction feature.
Or does it alternate depending on user preference.

Sorry you're not getting an answer on your timing questions.  Evernote rarely comments on the development roadmap
You might get better information in r>l request discussions like https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/29638-support-right-to-left-rtl-direction/

• Level 5

You're right, I did not think it through.

1. Then no idea for now.
  2. Do language settings change this in other apps where it works ? So is it something the apps "borrow" from iOS, or is it from your experience a native specialty of some apps ?
  3. This forum is user driven. So support may say what they want, this is a support issue. Voting here may help EN to get things sorted into a sequence, but there are voting threads open since several years, with a 3-digit-number of votes, and still pending. Chances are that this will not move things.

So your best bet is to give it another try with support.

As far as I know the paragraph direction is embedded in the iOS but some Apps use it while others don’t. When it is used, this little arrow I highlighted above appears whenever you choose a text and allows you to change the direction of the paragraph. iOS is usually very flexible where languages are concerned - I’ve started learning Sanskrit a while ago and everybody is struggling to find a good font while I just added another keyboard to my iPad and solved the problem in 5 secs tops. I even have Evernote nots in Sanskrit :) . The right to left is obviously a more difficult problem but I find it bordering on unfair to stop supporting it. I’m an Evernote user for eight years and have tons of data that I can’t use (whenever an old note is saved anew, the paragraph direction switches so I can’t even open old notes without worrying). I think support tried to suggest that I’ll open a voting entry but I agree that don’t see it helping...

• Level 5*
44 minutes ago, igeret said:

I think support tried to suggest that I’ll open a voting entry but I agree that don’t see it helping...

My thought was that if this was a function that was present and now isn't, or no longer works, then open a support ticket and report it as a bug and then see how they respond.

• Level 5

It is nicely described what happens if a function is removed: There may be a lot of content that was built over time and is now unusable.

So for sure this is an issue with support.

@igeret If this won't help please come back here, if necessary by direct message (we are all users, and may not read every posting).