Half deleted document

Laurens900

Idea

Hey,

I have not been on evernote for a few weeks but today I wanted to search something in my documents. Then I saw that 50% of a particular document had been deleted without me editing the file in any way possible. Now I would like to retrieve the 50% of that document but I do not know how. It is not in the trash bin because the other 50% still is in the document.

I really hope someone knows how to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Laurens900 said:

Now I would like to retrieve the 50% of that document but I do not know how.

My solution is to recover the missing data from backups

I have personal backups and Evernote has Note History backups
This backup is running for all accounts; several times a day

Access to Note History data is a paid feature.  You can subscribe for a single month

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Laurens900 said:

Then I saw that 50% of a particular document had been deleted without me editing the file in any way possible.

Unfortunately, not likely.

4 hours ago, Laurens900 said:

I really hope someone knows how to solve this.

Only way I know is to sign up for Premium for a month and use the note history feature.  Assuming the full note was around long enough to be captured in a history capture cycle.

Hello @Nick L.

I've also mistakenly just deleted a part of one of my documents that I've been using for some time. I can't seem to recover it with my free plan. If it isn't too much of a hassle, would you also be able to upgrade me to the Evernote Premium plan so that I can recover the note content?

I'm not sure if you will be able to find my account email, but I can send it to you via private message if needed. 

Thanks!

• Level 5*
On 7/14/2019 at 11:49 PM, Dunkafelics said:

Hello @Nick L.

I've also mistakenly just deleted a part of one of my documents that I've been using for some time. I can't seem to recover it with my free plan. If it isn't too much of a hassle, would you also be able to upgrade me to the Evernote Premium plan so that I can recover the note content?

I'm not sure if you will be able to find my account email, but I can send it to you via private message if needed. 

Thanks!

You can do this yourself by going to help and selecting Go to my account page.