Jump to content

Serious lag when creating a new note and when opening any note on Android app


Go to solution Solved by LuizSiqueiraNeto,

Recommended Posts

Clipping issue after 8.11 update?

It has been 6 mins since I clipped a note and my All notes Home Screen is stuck at 'Processing...'. does clipping articles work fine for everyone after the 8.11 Update?

Screenshot_20190627-131850.jpg

Screenshot_20190627-132605.jpg

Link to post
1 hour ago, rimboma said:

How to check the app version on Play Store before updating? I think it always shows the app version that is currently installed when you click "Read more" and scroll down.

Yesterday the Evernote Android update said "Last updated 5 Jun 2019". Today the update said "Last updated 26 Jun 2019". I couldn't see a version number on the update so I just tried it. Once installed I was able to read the 8.11 version number at the bottom of the READ MORE.

Link to post
2 hours ago, MayurH said:

Clipping issue after 8.11 update?
It has been 6 mins since I clipped a note and my All notes Home Screen is stuck at 'Processing...'. does clipping articles work fine for everyone after the 8.11 Update? 

Clipping works on my LG G6 with Android 8.0.0. The process takes 15 seconds or more.

Link to post
17 minutes ago, NotQuiteRight said:

Yesterday the Evernote Android update said "Last updated 5 Jun 2019". Today the update said "Last updated 26 Jun 2019". I couldn't see a version number on the update so I just tried it. Once installed I was able to read the 8.11 version number at the bottom of the READ MORE.

I still got 5 Jun 2019 :/

Link to post

Still on 8.10 and Playstore still showing 5 June as the latest version. Auto update is enabled so I guess the rollout takes some time to get to everyone? Will check later today. This problem can't be fixed soon enough!

 

Link to post

To anyone who updated to 8.11.

When you were offered to update to 8.11, were you on manually installed APK?

Maybe having installed from the APK is the reason I don't see past Jun 5 update. Although in previous cases I did get notified to update from the store, even on APK.

 

Link to post
On 6/23/2019 at 4:32 AM, LuizSiqueiraNeto said:

Uninstall Evernote and install through this link.

Link to download version 8.8.1

https://androidapksfree.com/evernote/com-evernote/download-old/evernote-8-8-1-1082393/

Then search the store for Evernote and look for the option to disable automatic updating.

Thanks for the advise. I also installed version 8.8.1 and my problems are solved. First I was waiting for Evernote to fix it, but I am waiting for too long now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Level 5*

8.11 has updated on my Samsungs (Note 4 & Tab A) - no 'invites' or other prompts;  I have updates set to auto,  so several updates installed themselves,  including Evernote.  No drama,  and no problems with lags - yet...

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, rimboma said:

To anyone who updated to 8.11.

When you were offered to update to 8.11, were you on manually installed APK?

Maybe having installed from the APK is the reason I don't see past Jun 5 update. Although in previous cases I did get notified to update from the store, even on APK.

 

Your experience mirrors mine (on a manually installed APK), but I did get notified of updates on the Play Store eventually. I received the June 26 update a day or two after release, for example. I believe that publishers on Google Play can roll out in stages or with delays, and some people get the update later than others. That said, I'm surprised you don't see anything after June 5, as there were a couple of releases since then. Perhaps try clearing your Play Store cache and restart your phone. I've had glitches in the past where many updates showed up after performing those steps.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 6/28/2019 at 4:27 PM, mz123 said:

Your experience mirrors mine (on a manually installed APK), but I did get notified of updates on the Play Store eventually. I received the June 26 update a day or two after release, for example. I believe that publishers on Google Play can roll out in stages or with delays, and some people get the update later than others. That said, I'm surprised you don't see anything after June 5, as there were a couple of releases since then. Perhaps try clearing your Play Store cache and restart your phone. I've had glitches in the past where many updates showed up after performing those steps.

 

Tried that. Still nothing on 28.06 so I updated manually from apkmirror.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
18 hours ago, Stewart1958 said:

Finally got my 8.11 update and the issue is fixed thankfully. 

I'm seeing better performance as well.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tried the all the new Evernote for android versions 8.11 and 8.12 ....got heavy lag and sometimes even crashes.Tried also earlier versions of the 8 version....nothing helped.

I almost lost hope but then I found my workaround....the latest 7 version which is 7.17.1 😀

I found the old apk here : https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/273293/ (32.3 MB) (no issues found on virustotal.com )

My phone Umidigi A3 Pro architecture is is arm64-v8a but I succeeded installing this arm64-v7A apk.

The 7.17.1 is the last version before the 8 version and it is from about March 2018.

Here's the unofficial changelog of the android app (my recommended apk is at the bottom of page no. 2) https://www.apk4fun.com/history/6372/2/Now,

To stop Evernote from updating automatically by your android phone:
    1. Open the Play Store app.
    2. Touch "hamburger sign" > My apps & games.
    3. Touch the INSTALLED tab, then touch the app's name.
    4. Touch "3 dots" at the top-right and turn off "Enable auto update".

That's it. From now on if you open your Google Play you'll see Evernote on the "Pending" list. Just ignore it. It will not be updated.

I had no issues using this apk for the last few weeks and it responds very fast (opening the app, creating new notes and searching).

Android Oreo 8.1.0 on Umidigi A3 Pro

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Well the mantra of this group is generally "whatever works for you"...  so you seem to have cured your current ills,  but I'm not aware of any issues with the latest builds,  so in this case any slowdowns might be more due to your individual circumstances rather than an app problem.  The only danger with putting updates on hold is that slowly but surely you're falling out of sync (metaphorically speaking) with the rest of us users,  and updates might eventually be necessary to keep the app alive and secure.  Not sure how you're going to handle that,  except maybe by testing the water every so often and - if necessary - going back to 7.17 if lags still happen.  I'd suggest you check back in maybe 6 months to see how things have developed - and a couple of times a year after that,  especially if you change the device in the meanwhile.  Hope your good experiences continue!

  • Like 1
Link to post

Thank you @gazumped for this good advice !! ☝️
I'm aware of these disadvantages of installing this old apk version and really going to try the upcoming Evernote for Android versions whenever they come.
I'll get notified on new versions after I found a feed of all the versions and subscribed to it on my feed reader.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/evernote-corporation/feed/

Also I'm going to backup my Windows Desktop Evernote more often this period.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...