Attachment when "Clip full article" is unchecked

When clipping web pages from my browser in Android, I get a link and a white attachment below it (see screenshot below). What exactly is that attachment? It is quite large (or Evernote has gotten 'B' and 'b' mixed up - it changes depending on the note view). I am unable to open it with any of my installed apps.Screenshot_2019-06-08-10-04-03-522_com.evernote.thumb.png.08d3576260415d4c10e816e190271b42.png

Also, occasionally, I get a clip with just the attachment, and the link missing:
Screenshot_2019-06-08-10-05-08-736_com.evernote.thumb.png.373b2646fe450582cc3a8f3ef0413a6c.png

Thanks!
  • Level 5*

Hi.  It's a shortcut to the page - or at least it works that way on my desktop.  Don't know why it doesn't work with the Android,  unless there's some inbuilt problem loading that page twice (if you;re still viewing it) or maybe the code generated within Evernote isn't compatible.  You could report it to Support on the basis the link isn't working..?

10 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  It's a shortcut to the page - or at least it works that way on my desktop.  Don't know why it doesn't work with the Android,  unless there's some inbuilt problem loading that page twice (if you;re still viewing it) or maybe the code generated within Evernote isn't compatible.  You could report it to Support on the basis the link isn't working..?

Thanks for the clarification. Will test it on my desktop later today and report the Android shortcut problem to Support 🙂

• Like 1

Strangely enough, I have also been experiencing the reciprocal problem where a link is present but there is no attachment 😅

To quote McCartney in Penny Lane, "very strange!". 

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

As you can see in the following screenshot, sometimes the link appears without the attachment (and sometimes the other way around!). These are notes of the same page clipped about 1 minute apart. 

Screenshot_2019-07-23-16-56-55-890_com.evernote.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mmmaak said:

These are notes of the same page clipped about 1 minute apart.

Hi.  How come the titles are different if it's effectively the same clip?  Doh.  The top two notes.  Get it now.

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  Tried a couple of times to find that page,  but I get 'page not found';  does the URL still work for you?  Could you post a link here so I can try it?  I was assuming that any delays in getting a link were just down to web traffic at the time,  but it's not an experience I've been aware of on my Android clips before.

• Level 5*

Hah.  Kept getting 404's when I tried typing direct.  (Story of my life.  Stayed overnight recently and got room 404.  Reception got quite worried when I laughed out loud.)

And.  My life again - clipped that page as a bookmark twice... still waiting for it to sync so I can check both version of the notes for differences...  as of 20 mins ago...

I'll let you know!!

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*

...and all I got (eventually) was two identical notes with links on both Android and Windows.  Don't know why there would be a difference in other situations - maybe web traffic / network link ???

Anyway, thanks for trying to help! Am a bit flustered at the moment because I just moved into a new place and am sorting out all the bugs (defects) here as well. Hence why I am replying mostly from my cellphone 😆

• Like 1