Ability to drag and drop text into other apps (Anki)

I’m trying to drag and drop paragraphs of text from Evernote to Anki and I get the error “unexpected rich text formatting - please try copy and pasting.” Trying again after simplifying the formatting of the Evernote  note doesn’t help. I guess this is going to be a multi-step process, like saving the note to PDF and sharing to another app? Would be nice if there was a way to do this.

• Level 5

Hi, do you go split-screen on your iPad and try to move the text from one half of the screen to the other ?

Since I am not familiar with Anki, I have tried this with Evernote / left side and Apple Notes / right side. I selected a plain text in a EN note, put the pencil on it and moved it into Apple Notes, letting it drop there. The text was placed without any problem. 

Then I tried with a picture from EN, same result. It even hovered over the note selection in A-Notes and opened one of the notes to drop the image there.

Conclusion: EN delivers the right input if the receiving app complies with the iOS standard.

So two ideas:

Has the text you try to draw & drop something specific, like it was copied into EN from another source, has formatting or is it just plain EN text ?

To me it sounds the problem is more from Anki not being able to receive the text snipped, than from EN to deliver it. Maybe try the same with other apps to get closer to the problem.When it just happens with Anki, there may be something special in how this app treats the input.

Then as a premium user you can go to support to get them look into the issue.

Hello, I’d already tried dropping various forms of text from Evernote and it works fine into native Apple apps. Slide over or split screen with any kind text from Evernote to Anki isn’t working though. Had a talk with the developer of Anki and he told me Evernote is doing something proprietary where the text isn’t accepted. Probably will open a ticket. Thanks 

• Level 5

If I want to know whether a restaurant offers good tasting food, I would rather not ask the cook ....

If it works to drag & drop from Evernote into most other apps, but not into Anki, I question the comment, that the problem would be created within EN. I think it is more likely that the app that does not accept the input is off the given iOS standards.

Anyhow, it is a good idea to let EN support check this out and give a feedback. It would be nice of you to post it here when you‘ve got  an answer.

Yea, I agree. As a developer myself, I was taking his word for it. Have a feeling it’s just an edge case that’s not high on his priorities to really look into. Will update here for posterity.

• Like 1