Evernote-Skype Integration

I have recently discovered Evernote and it is quickly becoming the app I use to manage everything.  I'm a teacher and currently inputting tons of info into my notes.  I also want to use a notebook for contacts.  I watched a video that discussed scanning business cards with the Scannable app and it looks great.  There was a green phone icon displayed next to the phone number in the note that when clicked initiates a phone call.  A couple of years ago I gave up my cell phone provider in favor of a much cheaper and more mobile solution:  Skype and a Data Only SIM.  I make all phone calls through Skype.  I need that green icon to initiate a call in Skype.  There must be some way to do that.  Even my phone contacts can't dial through Skype.  That is a down side to using Skype.  I have to either dial a Skype Contact or use the dialpad and type the number.  If anyone can help to integrate Evernote with Skype that would be really awesome.

• Level 5*

I haven't tried this,  but I know Skype can dial phone numbers off a web page - not sure whether that's part of Skype,  or a browser extension - and Evernote Web is just a web page...  If you access your notes by singing in to Evernote.com, you should find it fairly easy to set up.

NB: There are two versions of Evernote Web.  Check in Settings (on the web page) to switch between them.  You may find that dialling will be easier from one version than the other.

There are other ways to code a telephone link you might be able to use - try an internet search along the lines of "how do i dial phone numbers from a web page" without the quotes and with your browser or OS included.

If your device has Alexa or Cortana or other personal assistant software,  you may be able to find a way to use that to dial an on-screen number.

If no-one else comes up with a working option you may have to do some trial and error testing,  but please let us know if/ when you find a solution - it's an interesting question,  and dialling a number from a note does work from mobile phones (mostly because of their operating systems,  not Evernote) and it would nice to have the option on laptops. 

You turned me on to something.  I began Googling and found some interesting things.  I hadn't been using my iPhone contacts except to look up old number "write them down" (duh) and enter them into the dialpad on Skype (I have SkypeOut). 

Turns out you can make contacts in the iPhone use Skype:  https://iphone-tricks.com/tutorial/5372-default-app-for-outgoing-calls
You can also sync Evernote contacts with iPhone:  https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ei=xrP1XJiOPOuQr7wPrZ6CiA0&q=sync+evernote+contacts+with+iphone&oq=sync+evernote+contacts+with+iphone&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30.58066.69415..69610...3.0..0.166.4192.13j24......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j35i39j0i67j0j0i20i263j0i8i13i30j33i22i29i30j0i13i30.hDLx56D39gU#kpvalbx=1
You can also sync contacts in multiple devices using iCloud:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205754

So the solution seems to be to use the iPhone contacts as the primary and set it up to dial out using Skype.

• Thanks 1