Notebook I No Longer Have access to

Walter 68

Idea

16 replies to this idea

I am having the same issue when I try to share a notebook. Its been successfully shared in the past with other people.  The attached image is what appears when the email link to access the notebook is clicked on.  I did not create this notebook - it was created by someone who no longer uses this EN account- could that be the issue?

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 10.28.45 AM 2.png

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Walter 68 said:

I am not sure if I can delete it or not?

Click on the three dots at the end of the row for the Week 1 notebook and one of the options should be delete notebook.  That said, I'm not sure why there is no created by name listed.  Is this a notebook that you created, or is it one shared by someone to you?  If it is one shared to you and if you were only provided read ability, you may not be able to delete it.

• Level 5*

I don't use the share function much so can't offer much more.  I see related issues when I search the forum, so you may not be alone with this problem.  I would suggest contacting support to see if they can help further.  I think free users can get official help through Twitter.

• Level 5

If it is just to have it out of the view, you can create a stack called something like ZZZ_Archive, and put it there.

The "ZZZ" will move the stack to the very bottom of the stacks & notebook list, and you can hide as many notebooks in there as you wish, resp. as EN allows. But they will still be there, and be visible in other views, and cluttering things up.

If it is a notebook shared to you from another person, probably you will not be able to remove it without support from EN. Either try the Twitter address above, or go for one month to premium, which will allow you to contact support directly.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, kat.fox315@gmail.com said:

@s2sailor did you ever get a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue. 

I have a random notebook named 'Ron's Tips', which I'm pretty sure I didn't create but I'm not able to view it and when I hover over it I'm taken back to the All Notes view.

Very mysterious. 

I wasn't experiencing the problem, just trying to offer some help.  From a Google search Ron's Tips appears to have been an Evernote notebook that an employee created and shared out to those interested.  It looks like he left the company and the notebook is no longer maintained.  Have you tried just deleting the notebook?  If that doesn't work then you can try the hide tip that @PinkElephant mentions above.

• Level 5

About someone cleaning up: I don’t think so. At least as long as the account is regarded as active, it will be kept. Because everybody can downgrade to BASIC without any further payments, it is not easy to tell whether an account is just not visited, or really not used any more.

So the notebook will probably be with you for quite a while.

About how to remove it from view using a stack I have described above.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:24 AM, kat.fox315@gmail.com said:

@s2sailor did you ever get a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue. 

I have a random notebook named 'Ron's Tips', which I'm pretty sure I didn't create but I'm not able to view it and when I hover over it I'm taken back to the All Notes view.

Very mysterious. 

I had the same problem with another notebook and was able to remove it using the Android app. So maybe it is just the web interface that acts so weird...