Share Templates

JanW

Idea

Add a way to share Evernote created templates directly to Evernote staff to be added to the Template gallery...maybe a direct 'Share to Evernote' link that emails the template directly to you.

I'm sure users have created many ways to organise different things in their life that could be useful and time saving to others.

#evernote #mac #templates #sharing

20 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I believe that when Templates were first announced it was mentioned that the upper limit on numbers would be raised and a sharing site / link added.  It is still possible to public share a note which anyone can turn into a template in their own account - you could even ask here for anyone with interesting templates to share them to the Forums,  or anyone with an idea or a need for a template to post a request...

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, JanW said:

Thanks gazumped...wonder why sharing site / link never happened...maybe a template sharing forum could be set up somewhere here.

A lot of things are planned but haven't escaped yet.  A Forum section might be a nice idea - I flagged your post for one of the admins to take a look at - maybe they can make it happen...

On 6/1/2019 at 9:55 PM, Skipperdoo said:

can you put a link in there please? i cant seem to find the forum templates nor the ervernote for evernote.

Hi Skipperdoo,

There is no forum for templates as yet, it’s an idea that we’re hoping the admins will consider.

Hiya, I've been using EN since 2009 (Wow) and recently upgraded to Premium (again, stopped subscription because I couldn't afford it) a feature I haven't seen before is Templates, I would really like a resume/CV Template, if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Mark Bowden said:

Hiya, I've been using EN since 2009 (Wow) and recently upgraded to Premium (again, stopped subscription because I couldn't afford it) a feature I haven't seen before is Templates, I would really like a resume/CV Template, if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Like the man said,  there's no forum for Templates as such and if you set up a new note and check the template gallery set up by Evernote there are no resume examples.  It's probably easier to find examples from your industry or area of expertise in a web search and use those headings anyway rather than try to complete a form.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:36 PM, PinkElephant said:

You can create Templates yourself. Just create a note, modify it until it meets your goal, and save it as a template.

Note: The number of templates you can hold is limited to 20.

Hiya PinkElephant,

In iOS? I can’t find how to insert the “Green Headed Boxes”.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Mark Bowden said:

In iOS? I can’t find how to insert the “Green Headed Boxes”.

I think you're referring to editing a table row

Table editing is not supported in IOS

• Level 5

Well ... table usage is very basic on the iOS client.

First you need to enable it in advanced settings, and then you have to use special keys “[„ & „]“   to tell EN that you want a table. Once you have it, you can edit the content, but not the table itself. One of the things you can do, but probably are not going to use a lot.

Better to employ a desktop client on this.

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, Mark Bowden said:

That's why I'm asking for iOS I don't have a PC, only iPhone & iPad.

If you post a mockup of your template, we can reply with it replicated in Evernote format 

>>I also can't access the Web Client on my iPhone or iPad. Is that because we have apps on those platforms?

It's do-able, however there's no optimized web page available for the mobile device (small screen)    
You need to switch your browser to desktop mode

• Level 5

On the iPad  accessing the WebClient works - at least it does on my iPad (Pro 10.5, iOS 13.3.). As DTLow said switch to the desktop browser mode (click left of the URL on the little „AA“ symbol, choose from the Dropdown-Menü menu). Since iOS 13 the ipad browser is set to desktop mode by default, in older iOS versions it had to be done manually.

Nice side effect: By opening the WebClient and switch to split screen it is possible to open two EN sessions side by side on the iPad . The EN app still does not support this.