(Archived) Feature Request: insert whitespace

crispinb

Idea

Often I clip a webpage using the safari clipper, and want to add some notes of my own at the top of the note. It often isn't possible to do this, however, due I think to complex web page layouts (eg. images that you can't get in front of with the cursor, etc). Sometimes I can make it possible by a bit of judicious selecting and 'simplify formatting', but it's clunky and doesn't always work.

What would help would be a facility to just add some additional 'canvas' space anywhere in the note (Onenote has a nice implementation of such a feature).

(If anyone can suggest workarounds for the present, that would also be welcome).

2 replies to this idea

I have had the same issue…

My current workaround is to clip the note, then create a new note. When you merge the notes (select both, right-click, merge), you get a section at the top that should work well for your purposes.

Let me know how it goes!

I have had the same issue…

My current workaround is to clip the note, then create a new note. When you merge the notes (select both, right-click, merge), you get a section at the top that should work well for your purposes.

Let me know how it goes!

I hadn't thought of that, thanks. A bit of testing shows it works for me, though I find I need to (a) insert a few newlines in the empty note, and then (B) re-title the merged note (ie. with the title of the original note). So it's a little slow, but the best workaround I've come across.

Archived