Hi this is crazy

I edited an existing text note. I added a paragraph of text. I saved with the checkmark, switched to another app, then returned to my note...

The edit tool turns into a grey lock and the message "The note is read-only. It was created in another app".

I have no other apps interfacing with Evernote.

Please advise

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Agree that's weird - can you copy the content of that note into another new note to continue editing?  The content may not have saved/ synced correctly and now appears as incomplete (hence 'from another app') to Evernote.

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue with my Samsung A7 since yesterday. Half of the notes I am editing are blocked as soon as I am saving them. And they can't be deleted (I can put it in the recycle bin, but that's all)

The only solution I found so far is to copy the content of a note manually with copy and paste into a new note and then desintall the app. When I install it again, the "locked" notes have disapeared 

• Level 5*
On 5/25/2019 at 7:11 AM, George Mmm said:

Yes copying content to another note works but you lose the Metadata

G.

Hmmn.  That points to a sync / storage issue corrupting the note.  Worth a support request if you can make one.

• Level 5

Just tried to provoke a syncing issue on my iPad, by switching flight mode on and off while creating and editing notes. The iOS client is similar to android because it has no full local database and relies on syncing to the web data.

No problem at all, the notes stayed marked with a green arrow to show they needed syncing until flight mode was off, but they were always accessible and could be edited, while offline as well as online.

Maybe there is something specific to the Android client. So calling in to support should be the next step.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, Suddoman said:

Hello 

Are there any news on this issue? I have the same problem on both my Android phone and Android tablet. 

Hi.  You're a subscriber,  so I recommend contacting Support as recommended above.  I've seen nothing more on this since the last post here.

• Level 5

@Suddoman, @George Mmm, @Loguix: Please see the following ongoing thread on this problem, which was started about a month after this one:

I've contacted support about this problem, and "they're working on it." But if others who have Premium and Plus accounts also contact them, and send them the information they will request, perhaps it will help them get an idea of the scope and characteristics of the problem.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5
On 9/8/2019 at 11:26 PM, Martina said:

Same problem here. I just yesterday re-installed Evernote for android (had just been using the windows desktop version for a long time before that). I am on Samsung Galaxy SM-T590 tablet, android 9.

Please do see the thread linked in my preceding post. Evernote is aware of this issue and working on a fix, but there's no way of knowing how soon it will be ready. Since you're a Premium user, I'd suggest opening a support ticket with them, to encourage them to get on this: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Also:  if you can export the note or print it or view it via a desktop browser - do you see the correct content?  It's always possible to create a new note and copy / clip the old version across.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

Yes, since I am also using an older Android phone (Android 9) and therefore the older version of Evernote, I still sometimes have this problem, and the easiest solution is to copy all the content of the note, then create a new note and paste it in, then delete the old one and also delete it from the Trash. Of course, if any other notes link to the problematic one, those links will be broken. Evernote never gave a coherent explanation for what caused this, and I'm hoping that when I get a new phone and can install the current Android Evernote the problem will have gone away.

• Like 1