EvernoteSpotlight wants to use your confidential information stored in "Evernote" in your keychain

• Level 5

A few days ago this popup started popping up randomly throughout the day. I enter my password and click "Always Allow" but the popup comes back some minutes/hours later. This seems to be almost the same issue as the #3 item from my old post here 

image.png.65be4620ed808446b857d95dff0674ac.png

EN 7.10 (457750 Direct)

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting. We're able to reproduce it and are looking into it right now. Unfortunately the best workaround here is to put in your user administrator password and press always allow when this comes up. 

• Like 1

@luckman212 and @Caryn, do you have more than one Evernote account logged into Evernote and switch between accounts? 
If so, can you reproduce this issue if you log out all other accounts and just leave one? 

If you can DM me your activity logs too, that would be ideal. 

1. Open Evernote for Mac
2. Hold down **Option** on the keyboard then click **Help > Show Logs in Finder...** from the menu to open the "logs" folder
3. Attach all the log files in your DM to me. 

Thanks for the help! 

Same issue been happening here, for about the same amount of time.  

Reminds me of a similar issue that used to happen on iOS.  I'd get a prompt to enter my iTunes password when I used Evernote on my iPhone.  

+1 with the same issue on Mac and MacBook Pro. One popup on each device yesterday albeit some 12 hours apart. Four popups already this morning on my Mac despite always allow. 

@Nick L.

Hi, Nick -

Is anyone working on this rather annoying issue? Being able to find entries is an elementary part of an information manager, right?

I have the notion that reappearing issues that had already been solved previously are a problem with Evernote development. Lacking good code management?

Thank, Claus

On 5/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, luckman212 said:

A few days ago this popup started popping up randomly throughout the day. I enter my password and click "Always Allow" but the popup comes back some minutes/hours later. This seems to be almost the same issue as the #3 item from my old post here 

image.png.65be4620ed808446b857d95dff0674ac.png

EN 7.10 (457750 Direct)

Same pop up happened to me just today. I only have one Evernote account so no switching going on. Entering password and clicking 'allow' has no great effect. Just pops up again. I'll quit the software until fixed methinks. Ciao 

On 5/21/2019 at 1:49 PM, Nick L. said:

Thanks for reporting. We're able to reproduce it and are looking into it right now. Unfortunately the best workaround here is to put in your user administrator password and press always allow when this comes up. 

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I have a business account logged in as well as two other accounts that I switch between regularly and have not seen this behavior on my MBP. 

I'm getting this as well. Running the following:

Evernote Version 7.10 (457750 Direct)
Editor: 69.1.8237 (1f0aea9) 

on macOS Mojave, version 10.14.5 (18F132)

I'm logged in as an admin. I first saw this yesterday (6/4/2019), and logged in with my admin password, and chose always allow. No further issues that day. Then I just this morning (6/5/19) rebooted, and about 15 minutes after reboot, got the issue again.

Hope this helps with reproducing the bug.

Screenshot 2019-06-05 10.28.20.png

Same problem. OSX 10.13.6 and Evernote Version 7.10 (457750 Direct)

A MacBook expert spent lots of time with me, deleting or moving various keychain files, resetting device, working with and without iCloud, and so on. Thought we solved it -- but then the EvernoteSpotlight error came up again.

It did seem to let me "Deny" after entering my password, but hard to say. 

What's the timeline for a fix? 

I had the keychain prompt for the first time today despite making no changes to my Mac user account/password or updating MacOS. Same dialog box text as posted at the top of the thread: "EvernoteSpotlight want to use your confidential information store in 'Evernote' in your keychain."

I use Evernote daily, have only one account (Premium), and started getting that password prompt today. I have not restarted the Evernote in a few days nor did I restart it when I was prompted for the password. I do occasionally authenticate using Google credentials, but usually, I just login in directly using my Evernote username. Below is my platform and client version information in case that helps developers:

Mac OS 10.14.4

Evernote:

Version 7.10 (457750 Direct)

same issue. 

MacOS 10.14.5 (18F132) on MacBook Pro 

Please Evernote, advise if someone is working on this???

Same here, started getting this prompt today and it doesn't go away despite adding admin password + Always Allow

Evernote Plus subscription

Single Account (no switching between profiles)

Admin password + Always Allow

Evernote Version 7.10 (457750 Direct)

macOS 10.13.6

OK Evernote seriously - this bug was reported here on may 21st, acknowledged by staff on May 22, and no word since. That's acceptable for free software but not for the industry-leading subscription product. I am following the lead of others who have found that an originally happy-making solution has steadily migrated to something more problematic, and ending my (premium) subscription,  I have exported my content to Apple Notes. Bye.        

• Like 1

+1 Premium user, one account, brand new problem. Evernote 7.10 Mac OS X 10.14.5.  It would be helpful if the Evernote people told us how allowing or denying access affects Evernote behavior.  I denied, with no obvious bad effect.

So my problem got worse.  I was unable to airdrop anything, unsure that this was part of the Evernote issue I went ahead and uninstalled Evernote.  Problem with Airdrop gone.  But now I can't reinstall Evernote - it thinks it's updating and wants me to keep restarting.  It's working fine on my Imac, the problem is on my Macbook Pro.

I too am a premium user and have been for years. 

Here's the latest in my saga. 

I started having trouble with EvernoteSpotlight wants to use your confidential information stored in "Evernote" in your keychain

I tried to uninstall Evernote and install it again but I got an error message “please restart your app. During the upgrade process we had a problem moving your data to its new location. “  I didn’t want to update, I wanted a clean install. 

CleanMyMac gives this error message: “/Users/lynnhayes/Library/Cookies/com.evernote.Evernote.binarycookies: “com.evernote.Evernote.binarycookies” couldn’t be removed because you don’t have permission to access it.” 

I found the cookie files in the Library and deleted by hand. Also emptied trash.  No remnants of Evernote could be found.

Ran the install (dmg) program.  Again got the message “please restart your app. During the upgrade process we had a problem moving your data to its new location. “

AAARGH!!  Waiting for the chat support to open up later today.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Lynn H said:

I didn’t want to update, I wanted a clean install. 

I use the app AppCleaner for clean installs.  It does the job.

For your "problem moving your data" issue, you can delete the evernote files in ~/Library/Group Containers

The same error message appeared due to a bug in 3.1.2 and disappeared with the update to 3.2.0.

Maybe this had been fixed long ago?

->

The moment I find a viable alternative to Evernote for my like 10000 notes I switch...

Lesson learnt (again): never rely on proprietary file formats and software!!!

Was having this issue for the past month, and it got fixed by quitting EN, removing the  ~/Library/Group Containers folder for Evernote, and restarting. 

(Running Mac OS X 10.14.5, and Evernote  7.10)

• Like 1
  • Level 5
3 hours ago, tuqqer said:

Was having this issue for the past month, and it got fixed by quitting EN, removing the  ~/Library/Group Containers folder for Evernote, and restarting. 

You mean ~/Library/Group Containers/Q79WDW8YH9.com.evernote.Evernote ?

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, vcayenne said:

Hmmm. For me that folder is 8 GB and contains about 250, 000 items so it doesn't seem like a casual throwaway item.

This is the local copy of your Evernote data.

If deleted, Evernote will rebuild it from the master version on the server

For those who are still running into this problem, please try the following: 

1. Open the Terminal app
  2. Paste the command codesign -vvvv /Applications/Evernote.app
  3. Press return.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem, or if it reports anything not signed properly. If successful you'll see these last two lines

/Applications/Evernote.app: valid on disk

/Applications/Evernote.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

Thanks,

• Level 5
44 minutes ago, Nick L. said:

Please let me know if this fixes the problem, or if it reports anything not signed properly. If successful you'll see these last two lines

On both of my Macs, the codesign command spit out a bunch of stuff but it all said "validated" and at the end I did have the "valid on disk" and "satisfies its Designated Requirement" lines so it seems mine was "good" even though I continue to have the Keychain popup several times a day.

6 hours ago, Nick L. said:

For those who are still running into this problem, please try the following: 

1. Open the Terminal app
  2. Paste the command codesign -vvvv /Applications/Evernote.app
  3. Press return.

Thanks,

Mine reports both success lines too.

Having same issue for the past week. Tried codesign command and got messages as follows:

Last login: Wed Jun  5 12:07:27 on console

$ codesign -vvvv /Applications/Evernote.app

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/EvernoteSpotlight.appex

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/EvernoteSpotlight.appex

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/ENResourceWebKitPlugin.webplugin

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/ENResourceWebKitPlugin.webplugin

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/ENCoverPage.bundle

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/ENCoverPage.bundle

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/EvernoteQuickLook.appex

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/EvernoteQuickLook.appex

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/ENMarkUpPlugin.bundle

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/ENMarkUpPlugin.bundle

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/SharingExtension.appex

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/PlugIns/SharingExtension.appex

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreImage.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreImage.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftObjectiveC.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftObjectiveC.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftAppKit.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftAppKit.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/EvernoteHelper.app

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/EvernoteHelper.app

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightImporter.mdimporter

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/EvernoteSpotlightImporter.mdimporter

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/EvernoteLauncher.app

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/EvernoteLauncher.app

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/wav2gsm.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/wav2gsm.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENSocialSearch.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENSocialSearch.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftXPC.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftXPC.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCore.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCore.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftMetal.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftMetal.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreData.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreData.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftDispatch.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftDispatch.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/GAMKit.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/GAMKit.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/AppAuth.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/AppAuth.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/UXPuppetmaster.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/UXPuppetmaster.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftos.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftos.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftDarwin.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftDarwin.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftQuartzCore.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftQuartzCore.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreFoundation.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreFoundation.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/CocoaLumberjack.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/CocoaLumberjack.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENAttachmentToPDF.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENAttachmentToPDF.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftIOKit.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftIOKit.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreAudio.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreAudio.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENLuceneSearch.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENLuceneSearch.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/MASPreferences.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/MASPreferences.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/CoreNote.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/CoreNote.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreLocation.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftCoreLocation.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftFoundation.dylib

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswiftFoundation.dylib

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/AppExtensionCommon.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/AppExtensionCommon.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/EDAM.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/EDAM.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENSharedUtilities.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENSharedUtilities.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENCardScan.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENCardScan.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/CommEngine.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/CommEngine.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENLogging.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/ENLogging.framework/Versions/Current/.

--prepared:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/MASShortcut.framework/Versions/Current/.

--validated:/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Frameworks/MASShortcut.framework/Versions/Current/.

macOS 10.14.5 (18F132)

Have been using Evernote on my Mac for about 9months as it is what my work uses.

Other than it constantly freezing (that has been happening for months - at least once a week) it is now constantly asking for my Keychain. I do not use Keychain.

How can I stop it asking for it? As far as I'm aware - I have not updated Evernote recently.

I have version Version 7.10 (457750 Direct)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gbnyc said:

Problem just started today for me. Is there a suggested response (Always Allow, Deny or Allow) and/or other steps to stop this from popping up repeatedly?

Always allow makes it go away for a while.

The instructions that Nick posted above have made it at least appear to be fixed for me.

same problem here. popup shows up several times a day besides confirming with "always allow". 

4 hours ago, Nick L. said:

Has anyone here noticed if a reinstall of the Evernote for Mac app fixes this issue? Just curious. Haven't been able to reproduce it after update > reinstall. 

hey nick - how do i perform update > reinstall?

@Etienne G

I just meant that I could reproduce it after updating from 7.9 to 7.10, but then could not longer reproduce it after reinstalling 7.10. Sorry I wasn't clear. 
I'm wondering if anyone else is able to reproduce the issue after reinstalling Evernote 7.10. 

Just started happening to me today (EvernoteSpotlight modal dialog pop-ups). 

Scary to find this thread with so many reporting the issue, and Evernote acknowledging they can recreate, but no sign that the root cause has been identified yet.  Doesn't give me great confidence in the direction of EverNote. :(

I'm using macOS Mojave 10.14.5 

• Like 2
  • Level 5

My status about the OS and app versions is the same. No issue at all.

Even if you are not aware of it, you are using Keychain ! It is deeply rooted in MacOS.

Simply type „Keychain“ into spotlight search, and open the app. I am sure it will show a lot of elements. In mine, among others there is 1 element named Evernote. Probably has to do with the account / password handling of the app within the OS.

To me it seems the message you get has more to do with MacOS than Evernote.

Have you tried Apple support on this ? There must be a reason why Keychain kicks in.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, MJSAUS said:

it is now constantly asking for my Keychain.

This is a known bug.  Main discussion here

• Level 5

Is it the same thing as in this thread of the forum ?

If yes, you should follow this, because it is already worked on by EN staff.

Last statement was that a clean reinstall with the latest version would solve it - but there are newer posts on this.

17 hours ago, Mark Gajudo said:

I am getting the same prompt.  I am very concerned that it needs access to my keychain.

I am using MacOS Mojave 10.14.5

I agree with your concerns here - could EN please explain why it requires access to my keychain? 

Also, can EN please confirm that "EvernoteSpotlight" is a process or service that is actually part of Evernote?

Many thanks.

Of course I'm here because of the prompt, but I don't see anyone asking the obvious.

What is EvernoteSpotlight, and why does it need my keychain info?

I've been clicking Deny, with no cost to functionality in Evernote.

+1 This is still happening for me also on my Macbook Pro - for the past week or so. Gets temporarily better when I use the Always Allow option or restart my MBP, but eventually comes back - sometimes the next day, sometimes within the hour of restarting. Uninstalling / reinstalling isn't practical given how large my Evernote data set is.

Thanks folks. We're actively investigating a resolution for this. EvernoteSpotlight is a process initiated from our app when we authenticate the database to make it searchable with Spotlight. I'll post here again once we have found a fix. 

Thank you for your patience.

1 hour ago, Nick L. said:

I'll post here again once we have found a fix. 

Again, the exact same error message popped up in 2012 and was solved with 3.20... 
It might be worth while having a look at what the problem was then?

On 5/23/2019 at 10:39 PM, Feitz said:

A similar issue seems to have appeared in 2012, at least there is a  thead:

mac(Archived) 3.1.2 doesn't remember keychain permission

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Nick L. said:

EvernoteSpotlight is a process initiated from our app when we authenticate the database to make it searchable with Spotlight.

Is this also why Spotlight search is not working?

4 hours ago, Nick L. said:

Thanks folks. We're actively investigating a resolution for this. EvernoteSpotlight is a process initiated from our app when we authenticate the database to make it searchable with Spotlight. I'll post here again once we have found a fix. 

Thank you for your patience.

Nick, how about disabling spotlight integration entirely? All of my searching is done in-app, I don't use Spotlight to search notes.

1 hour ago, Will It Work said:

Nick, how about disabling spotlight integration entirely? All of my searching is done in-app, I don't use Spotlight to search notes.

Or, how about an option in Preferences (a checkbox), to allow un-checking to disable spotlight integration.  Could be checked by default, to maintain existing functionality.

For those of us who don't like the idea of authorising Evernote to use confidential information stored in our keychain, and who don't care about Spotlight integration (as we do all of our EN content searches in-App). 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

12 minutes ago, GregZone said:

Or, how about an option in Preferences (a checkbox), to allow un-checking to disable spotlight integration.  Could be checked by default, to maintain existing functionality.

For those of us who don't like the idea of authorising Evernote to use confidential information stored in our keychain, and who don't care about Spotlight integration (as we do all of our EN content searches in-App). 

By default, spotlight indexes the entire disk

Exceptions can be applied as per the article at http://osxdaily.com/2011/12/30/exclude-drives-or-folders-from-spotlight-index-mac-os-x/

We have high usage of spotlight search currently, so disabling it is not something in our roadmap. We believe we have a fix for it and it's currently in testing. 

22 minutes ago, GregZone said:

Totally agreed 100%

• Like 1

I tried the codesign -vvvv /Applications/Evernote.app fix a few days ago and I just got the issue again.

Does reinstalling the app fix the problem? If so, are there instructions for reinstalling the app? Updates doesn't have a reinstall option.

@Nick L.  For what it's worth:  On my `MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)` (touch bar), I get the pop up when I plug in my charger.  (I'm guessing some relation to indexing that doesn't happens in a battery-save mode?) 

This is fairly reproducible on my machine. 

```

```

• Level 5*
On 6/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, Metrodon said:

Always allow makes it go away for a while.

The instructions that Nick posted above have made it at least appear to be fixed for me.

Just came back to my machine after a few hours away and it was there again...appears not fixed for me.

On 6/13/2019 at 2:10 PM, DTLow said:

By default, spotlight indexes the entire disk

Exceptions can be applied as per the article at http://osxdaily.com/2011/12/30/exclude-drives-or-folders-from-spotlight-index-mac-os-x/

Do you perchance know where the Evernote database is located on MacOS? I googled and found this thread, but the instructions seem to be for an earlier version. I tried clicking `Evernote > About Evernote` while holding the OPT key, but all I see is the TOS. I do not see a link to `Open database folder`. 

In the past, I added `~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote` to my Spotlight exceptions, and that worked for a while. But I think after an update, Evernote started reappearing in my Spotlight searches. And now I'm plagued with the periodic "EvernoteSpotlight wants to use your confidential information...." popup which I continue to deny. 

• Level 5

On the Mac, the EN database rest in a folder structure. Basically one file per note or attachment. It is quite different to the Windows client where the data is comprised in one big file.

You can still find the exact place under which these folders are to be found somewhere in the Mac client. My Mac is already down for the night, otherwise I would try to find it. I do not remember at the moment, but DTLow posted somewhere, somewhen here in the forum how to get to the path.

How this will help to rid us from the EN-SPOTLIGHT-KEYCHAIN bug I do not see.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, marvelway said:

Do you perchance know where the Evernote database is located on MacOS? 

Holding down the option key, click Help > Troubleshooting > Open Database Folder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Encountering the same issue recently. Fwiw, I get the Keychain dialog on every wake-from-sleep... Glad to read that it's being tracked.

Any confirmation that a clean install of the MacOS Evernote app resolves the problem?

Really, Nick L.? You guide users to just accept it without explaining what the implications are for security? You could have explained what this dialog box is asking for. Should we not seek to have the least permissions possible, especially for an issue that appears to be a bug? I have dismissed the dialog box by clicking Deny repeatedly until the dialog box no longer presents. 

The easiest fix is to allow the access. Perhaps you could provide the instructions for how to remove the permission once Evernote resolves the bug.

Same here. I get the same pop-up also today for the first time. I'm using latest Mac Mojave 10.14.5

My desktop Evernote is also up to date, and I only have one Evernote account. Please advise on how to solve this. Thanks

Same here. I get the same pop-up also today for the first time. I'm using latest Mac Mojave 10.14.5

My desktop Evernote is also up to date, and I only have one Evernote account. Please advise on how to solve this. Thanks

We've released Evernote for Mac 7.11 Beta 1 with the fix for this problem. If anyone wants to try it, please see the link below and let me know if you continue to run into this problem.

• Thanks 1

I completely fixed this issue plus the spinning wheels by: 

1. Highlight All Notes, choose File: Export Notes... and creating a backup of the entire database. 

2. Using the freeware AppCleaner (https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/), I completely deleted all files associated with Evernote. 

3. Download a fresh copy of Evernote (I'm running Mac OS X 10.14.5), and Import the database file. 

Did this a couple weeks ago, and no more spinning wheels and no more request to Keychain sign-in.