SMS Compatible Program

There are a lot of SMS programs out there free and paid that allow the user to send and receive texts on a computer or tablet.  

The problem with most of them are the lack of interface abilities.   Things like finding or taking a picture, sending attachments, notifications and saving data files, attachments etc.

It would seem Evernote would be an ideal program to use as the base for an add-on SMS program.    All of the information on my Evernote program is on my phones and computers, but is not accessible as a source for texts.   (as far as I know).

I'm not certain but it seems the actual code to send a text via an existing carriers account is not that hard to do.    Harder than I can, but not hard.

Has anyone out there figured out how to interface a sms program internally as an add-on function to Evernote?

Thx 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, htc fan said:

Has anyone out there figured out how to interface a sms program internally as an add-on function to Evernote?

Hi.  Haven't seen one - I think the reason is probably you other comment..

8 hours ago, htc fan said:

There are a lot of SMS programs out there

I don't find it too onerous to source pictures from my phone Gallery,  but in the event that you want to sent stuff using Evernote I'd imagine that you could create your text in Evernote and copy/ paste from there to your comms package.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:36 AM, htc fan said:

There are a lot of SMS programs out there free and paid that allow the user to send and receive texts on a computer or tablet.  

The problem with most of them are the lack of interface abilities.   Things like finding or taking a picture, sending attachments, notifications and saving data files, attachments etc.

It would seem Evernote would be an ideal program to use as the base for an add-on SMS program.    All of the information on my Evernote program is on my phones and computers, but is not accessible as a source for texts.   (as far as I know).

I'm not certain but it seems the actual code to send a text via an existing carriers account is not that hard to do.    Harder than I can, but not hard.

Thx 

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but if you are an iPhone user there is an iMessage app that essentially does this.

• Level 5*
On 5/20/2019 at 10:36 AM, htc fan said:

All of the information on my Evernote program is on my phones and computers, but is not accessible as a source for texts.   (as far as I know).

On my iPhone, when viewing a note if you press the share button, there is a "more sharing options" available.  If you select that, you can then select "share outside of Evernote.  Pressing that gives you the option to share with Message.  I haven't used this much but it appears to create a text message with an evernote link to that specific note.

• Like 1