Push notifications on iOS for Reminders for not synchronised notes on an iOS device

saimens

Idea

The iOS device (evernote client) only reminds you on notes that are already synchronised to the ios device - but not to those notes sitting in the cloud only. If the evernote client is closed on the ios device, you may miss to what you should be reminded to. 

A potential use case could be: Simon drives to the office by car. When he arrives in the office, he forgets the iPhone in his car; the evernote app on the iPhone is closed. Simon works in the office through his 2-do-list in on Evernote Web. Simon sets a reminder at 18.00 to make a phone call. At 17.30 Simon leaves the office by car. At 18.00 Simon's Evernote iOS reminds him for the call, although the phone wasn't touched since arriving at the office.

would assume that such a feature is implemented with Apple's Push Notification service: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/APNSOverview.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH8-SW1

The current behaviour of the iOS client seems not to be a bug (Ticket# 2833292)

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, saimens said:

The iOS device (evernote client) only reminds you on notes that are already synchronised to the ios device - but not to those notes sitting in the cloud only. If the evernote client is closed on the ios device, you may miss to what you should be reminded to. 

I just tested by creating a reminder on my Mac.  

The notification popped up on my iPad while I was accessing this forum.  
Background App Refresh may have sync'd the reminder.

Same scenario with the device turned off; No notification

>>If the evernote client is closed on the ios device

I never close the Evernote app

Just double checked on my iPad and iPhone as well. There was no reminder. Are you sure that the evernote client was not open - maybe in the background - and synchronized the note?

Would you mind to recheck: Close the evernote app(s) on the (all)  ios device(s). Set a reminder on the macOS client and make sure its synched to the evernote cloud (but not the ios device). Close the macOS client. If you now get a reminder on your iOS device the feature would already be implemented. 

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, saimens said:

Would you mind to recheck: Close the evernote app(s) on the (all)  ios device(s). Set a reminder on the macOS client

No notification with the reminder in the cloud and the Evernote/IOS app closed

You might be interested in this service https://www.integromat.com/en/integrations/apn/evernote