Import Folders files duplicated

ridleyrumpus

Idea

I have set up an import folder so that I can save to it and have the file imported to Evernote "My Notebook"

However whenever I do this I end up with two copies imported into Evernote, I have checked to see if I have two import folders set for the same monitored folder but nope.

Why? What am I doing wrong. I have checked to see if I have two import folders set for the same monitored folder but nope.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Is this on Windows? What are your import folders settings (Tools / Import Folders..)? Is the Source field for your import folder set to "Delete" or "Keep".

• Level 5*

So the only thing that should cause this to happen is someone/something updating the file that remains in the import folder (because you've marked that folder as "Keep').At least, it seems to be working fine in a 'Keep' import folder in the latest version (6.18.4.8489 (308489) Public (CE Build ce-62.3.7750)), with no duplicated notes.

• Level 5*

Seems weird that a backup application would cause duplicate copies, or would somehow update an existing copy. Is there some way to exclude that particular folder from Google Backup and Sync?

I experience the same problem:  everything in my import folder (set up in windows similarly to the example shown previously by ridleyrumpus) gets imported twice.  The files are not changed, the folder is set to "keep" the files after importing.  The second import seems to come the next time I turn on the computer even if it is days later.  It's easy enough to delete the duplicates but it is a flaw in the programming that it happens at all.