Alert Subscribers of Recurring Payment before Charge Date

Deleted Evernote

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, PurdueKenny said:

Finally, not sending me a reminder of my impending annual charge on May 1, 2019 is a slimy business practice.

A practice shared by many other companies that use the auto subscription model.  Some with email advance notice, some without.  An email is preferred for sure.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, PurdueKenny said:

Finally, not sending me a reminder of my impending annual charge

I'd vote for an alert; not for the bitching.A958B105-E5A2-4514-A2B7-BD4D8E176958.thumb.jpeg.a1d97ec4149b62211500cd6696d81561.jpeg

• Level 5

How much nanny do we need in our lifes ?

When I sign a contract, and is has an auto-prolongation, it is my own responsibility to check when it is time to jump boat before Prolongation kicks in. I set a recurring reminder for all self prolonging stuff in my ToDo-Manager, because often you get a better deal when you cancel, even if you in fact do not want to leave. But somehow many companies still believe the best deals should not be granted to those who stay, but to those that join. So being a leaver-joiner can save some bucks.

Yes, it is a courtesy (and a show of strength or at least self-confidence) if the company itself reminds me that it is time to cancel if I do not want to continue. But no, if I miss the date, it is my responsibility, and not that of others.

But somehow it is nicer to have somebody to blame, instead of blaming the sorrow face you see when you look into the mirror.

• Haha 1
On 4/30/2019 at 7:07 PM, PinkElephant said:

How much nanny do we need in our lifes ?

When I sign a contract, and is has an auto-prolongation, it is my own responsibility to check when it is time to jump boat before Prolongation kicks in. I set a recurring reminder for all self prolonging stuff in my ToDo-Manager, because often you get a better deal when you cancel, even if you in fact do not want to leave. But somehow many companies still believe the best deals should not be granted to those who stay, but to those that join. So being a leaver-joiner can save some bucks.

Yes, it is a courtesy (and a show of strength or at least self-confidence) if the company itself reminds me that it is time to cancel if I do not want to continue. But no, if I miss the date, it is my responsibility, and not that of others.

But somehow it is nicer to have somebody to blame, instead of blaming the sorrow face you see when you look into the mirror.

How your reply is acceptable in this community is beyond me. I provided feedback. An organization should alert you of an impending charge. I wasn't blaming Evernote for anything other than for a poor business practice. Your insult at the end is unnecessary and undermines your entire argument.

• Like 1