French language punctuation requirements

For French script: the biggest issue with Evernote seems to be the lacking function consisting of automatically adding the attached space required for publishing in French before ! ? ; and : , but not an ordinary space. Does Evernote provide this? (The search/replace in Word (Windows 10) isn't able to automate these replacements).

Can anyone in the User forum solve this on Evernote? Or show how to already do this on Evernote?

Thanks!1590386344_ImageoffixedspaceattachedtoFrenchpunctuationforEVERNOTE.PNG.154b9709cd3fbc2cc4de6ab6e0eafa8f.PNG

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried the various text expander apps like Phrase Express?  There's an inbuilt spelling checker that will automatically replace mistyped characters like "teh" instead of "the" - it might be applicable here.  I have an obvious dumb question though - why not just type the space?  One of my notes had no problem with displaying ci-après : le Contrat 

If the extra keypress is the issue,  I again think Phrase Express can replace a short version of a word with a longer one so each time you type 'après' it would automatically add the extra space.

I have not tested either of these suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your answer. I guess I wasn't clear enough. If I type a simple space before the punctuation mark, then, that mark may end up on the next line. So the French invented this half space that you see as ° when the Paragraph sign is on, eg Bonjour°!, instead of Bonjour !

Any other suggestions welcome.

• Like 1