Web Clipper stopped working: Firefox

• Level 5

After Firefox updated yesterday, the Web Clipper stopped working. When I sign in, to clip a page, it works.

After finishing Firefox and re-open it again, a red dot appears unter the WEb Clipper (Elephant) symbol and I have to sign in again, for every single clip. Very tedious.

I know, it is the Firefox settings. I have tried for hours and nothing works.

Can anybody provide me with the Firefox settings that I need to check, so the web clipper works?

Thanks.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Wern said:

After Firefox updated yesterday, the Web Clipper stopped working. When I sign in, to clip a page, it works.

After finishing Firefox and re-open it again, a red dot appears unter the WEb Clipper (Elephant) symbol and I have to sign in again, for every single clip. Very tedious.

I know, it is the Firefox settings. I have tried for hours and nothing works.

Can anybody provide me with the Firefox settings that I need to check, so the web clipper works?

Thanks.

Just tried it and I was still logged into clipper after closing/opening FF.  Did it three times just to be sure.  I did check the 30 box on the sign in screen.  So, seems to be working for me.

ScreenClip.png.05cf92ceef130a1e0eca5cd54eecdf76.png

I just let Firefox update and it's disabling nearly all my extensions, including Web Clipper.  When I search for it in the add-ons and try to add it back Firefox tells me it can't download as I have no connection, which is not true. Did you have to re-add the Web Clipper or did it work automatically for you?

Just hit the same situation.  Firefox updated and (6) extensions are now blocked from running, including Web Clipper.  Follow the extension link and get the following:

image.png.58534d687587a633d45b8bc0a2069f91.png

There is no problem with my network connection.  I don't think there is anything to download!

• Level 5

I was somehow spared this latest upheavel with the clipper.

I disabled "automatic updates" in the Clipper as well as in Firefox.

Both are working now for me. But I will let it run WITHOUT the latest updates for a while.

• Level 5

The fix will only be delivered to those FF-devices that participate in the „Study“-Program - this means the program where you agree to send anonymous data for improvement measures to the FF-team.

If you clicked this away and do not participate, the fix will not be delivered automatically !

For how to get the fix, I have an article, but it is in German. So maybe search for this info in the internet.

And there is no fix for Android, as much as i have heard (don’t use Android myself).

• Level 5

If it is not working for you (maybe you are on BETA releases)? You can try this:

Uninstall your current FF.

Then download and install Updte 66.0.4 (not some other update).

That should fix it.

Good luck !

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Firefox updated to Ver 76.01 on 5/8 - now I can't log into the Evernote webclipper at all.  It was making me log in every time I opened the clipper for the first time after opening Firefox - but now it shows the log in form but nothing happens after I fill it out and the button remains grayed out.  Clicking the web clipper button again does nothing.  I have checked to make sure that EN is activated for my private viewing pages, so don't think that's the problem.  Any suggestion from anyone?