sending email to evernote - in specific notebook

Hi Folks,

I am cleaning out a thunderbird email mulitiple in baskets before migrating to a new computer and have a number of special in baskets that I want to save intact,  I can set up   separate notebooks for each of the topics (there could be 10 - 100 emails in each of the in baskets)  and then save the emails there.  I know how to find my evernote email address to forward them to, but how do I send them so they are stored in the pre specified notebook?   Asked another way - is it possible to forward emails to a specific evernote notebook?

OK - just to be clear - I am not simply forwarding emails one a time or I could add desired notebook  name etc to the subject line - I plan on selecting 10 - 200 emails from one of my in baskets that all have the same general topic and sending them as an email attachment  all at once in a single email,   So if I add a notebook name to the forwarding subject line, will it put the cluster of these email attacchments into the desired notebook?  Also does one email with 200 attached emails count as one email or 200 emails as applied to my upper limit of 200 emails per day?

Thanks

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Rob25 said:

Hi Folks,

I am cleaning out a thunderbird email mulitiple in baskets before migrating to a new computer and have a number of special in baskets that I want to save intact,  I can set up   separate notebooks for each of the topics (there could be 10 - 100 emails in each of the in baskets)  and then save the emails there.  I know how to find my evernote email address to forward them to, but how do I send them so they are stored in the pre specified notebook?   Asked another way - is it possible to forward emails to a specific evernote notebook?

OK - just to be clear - I am not simply forwarding emails one a time or I could add desired notebook  name etc to the subject line - I plan on selecting 10 - 200 emails from one of my in baskets that all have the same general topic and sending them as an email attachment  all at once in a single email,   So if I add a notebook name to the forwarding subject line, will it put the cluster of these email attacchments into the desired notebook?  Also does one email with 200 attached emails count as one email or 200 emails as applied to my upper limit of 200 emails per day?

Thanks

I would say that the email will be placed in whatever @notebook you put in the subject line.  Thought, probably more a function of Thunderbird as to what the result will look like in EN, a bunch of emails in one note.  I would do a test and see what you get.  Not that hard, cuts out the guessing.  One email which will equal one note.

• Level 5

I would assume that an E-Mail counts as one E-Mail, even when it contains other E-Mails. Any Ping-Pong-Mail that was send several times to and fro contains the same, a string of E-Mails. How to do this in Thunderbird I do not know, @Rob25   I would appreciate if this could be posted here, because I will migrate out of TB as well. Just select several E-Mails and forward them ?

When I forward Mails to my EN account, I often attach the designated notebook and tag them with

„@Notebook-Name“ and with 

#tag1 #tag2 etc. to save the rework in EN.

Works good, you just have to remember the exact spelling of the tags because there is no help in attaching them. Good is that when misspelled it will not create new tags. Upper and lower case is ignored.