Jump to content
Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
t87699

Plain text? Plain note without extras?

Recommended Posts

Any way I can have all text in the note all the same text size and font - automatically?

Is it possible to have a simple note, without all the annoying extras, time last edited, share etc... ?

I'm just looking for a simple notepad that can be used on Android. 


Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, t87699 said:

Any way I can have all text in the note all the same text size and font - automatically?

Is it possible to have a simple note, without all the annoying extras, time last edited, share etc... ?

No. All Evernote notes have a certain amount of associated metadata. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, t87699 said:

Any way I can have all text in the note all the same text size and font - automatically?
... I'm just looking for a simple notepad that can be used on Android. 

Note contents can include files of any format.

Use any editor that meets your requirements and store the files in Evernote.  I do this with various editors; including text editor apps.

Share this post


Link to post

What do you mean 'editor'. 

 

Can you explain?

How do you do this/

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, t87699 said:

What do you mean 'editor'. 

Can you explain?

How do you do this/

598895989_ScreenShot2019-05-09at06_38_15.png.c16590a35190c88d82964315dd477c67.pngThe screenshot from my Mac is a sample note

For various reasons, I did not use the Evernote editor to create this document; I used Apple Pages
The document is embedded in a note as a file attachment.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the information. 

I dont use MAC

I can try this in Windows, would this work in Android too?
 

tanks

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, t87699 said:

I can try this in Windows, would this work in Android too?

The note attachment is an Evernote feature on all platforms.

Mac's also support inline display.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/9/2019 at 3:51 PM, t87699 said:

Thanks for the information. 

I dont use MAC

I can try this in Windows, would this work in Android too?
 

tanks

This is a year late but something I used to love doing was this:

1. Create a windows shortcut for notepad (I created a shortcut with CTRL+ALT+Z) which would automatically open notepad

2. Create an evernote import folder (Tools > Import Folders... > Add...) and set it to auto import your note.

3. Everytime you want to create a plain text note, open up notepad with your shortcut and then write and save it to the import folder.

I got so quick at it because I was having issues with the Evernote note editor. You don't even have to save the note - once you have written your plain text you could even just use CTRL+A to select everything you just wrote and CTRL+ALT+V to paste to evernote.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, NewHero said:

This is a year late but something I used to love doing was this:

1. Create a windows shortcut for notepad (I created a shortcut with CTRL+ALT+Z) which would automatically open notepad

2. Create an evernote import folder (Tools > Import Folders... > Add...) and set it to auto import your note.

3. Everytime you want to create a plain text note, open up notepad with your shortcut and then write and save it to the import folder.

I got so quick at it because I was having issues with the Evernote note editor. You don't even have to save the note - once you have written your plain text you could even just use CTRL+A to select everything you just wrote and CTRL+ALT+V to paste to evernote.

Or you could just use the Evernote Windows global shortcut key (default is Ctrl+Alt+N, I think, but it's configurable) to open a new Evernote note, and you just type in that note, and you'd get the exact same result.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...