Notes "unavailable" in Windows client

A large number of my notes were showing as "unavailable" in the desktop windows client about 20 minutes ago. However, as I write this post, the notes have reappeared. So, even though I now have access to them, I am concerned why I wasn't able to access them earlier. Was there a server problem perhaps? I did check my IOS devices and the notes were available there, so it is quite odd and I am worried about the integrity of my data. Has anyone seen this previously? Also, when I clicked into a specific note, it showed something like - "note is not accessible. Check your Activity Log"

• Level 5

I haven't seen this, but it sounds like a connectivity problem between your computer and Evernote, particularly if the iOS devices were not on the same network as the desktop. Another way to check would be to use the Web interface in a browser, which is independent of the Windows desktop client: https://www.evernote.com/client/web.

Hi Dave, thanks for your response. All devices were on the same network, and I did check the web client and it worked there too, so the mystery remains. In the meantime, all working now so not end of world, but I do get paranoid, especially since data has indeed been corrupted in the past. 

Archived