(Archived) continuous printing of notes?

i have a notebook full of notes, when i select a few notes to print, it wants to string them all together in one continuous printout. that makes no sense, they are separate documents. It would make a lot more sense to have each new note start on a new page. using multiple pages if it has to, but a new note starts a new page. anyone know how to get this to happen?

im using windows right now, but i think the behavior might be the same on my mac.

• Level 5

I don't believe page breaks are available in Evernote.

Since you are printing just a few notes, the easiest solution to get each note on a separate page would be to print each note individually.

I don't believe page breaks are available in Evernote.

Since you are printing just a few notes, the easiest solution to get each note on a separate page would be to print each note individually.

thats what im doing but its terribly disagreeable when i have a notebook with about 30 different images in it. thats 30 print button presses and then the print dialog "ok", i feel like a robot doing all that.

im kind of the view that its a bug, these are separate documents. if i printed 3 different notes, they would all be run on together like one document, then if i print a different 3, its a new continuous document. i can hardly think when thats the right behavior, but it would be great if there was at least an option to break on each note.

• Level 5*

In my opinion, Evernote functions best as a storage mechanism for notes and other information, which is its primary intention. It's not not so great at being a vehicle for presentation. So you can consider the behavior a bug if you want, but unless they actually designed it to work in the way that you wish it would (and documented it as such), it's really not a bug. In fact, concatenating notes during printout might also be a desired effect.

~Jeff

I have to agree with joeb. I often want to merge notes, then "print" them to PDF for some other purpose. Unfortunately, I can't do this. Instead, I have to drag each image into a new Preview document on my Mac to create an acceptable PDF document. I wouldn't call the current behavior a bug, but I think it's a reasonable feature request to get it to start each note on a new page (or even make it an option).

• Level 5*

Oh, it's a reasonable request. And I think that Dave E. has indicated that printing needs some work. Probably a fair option to add when printing multiple notes is whether they should be output as continuous or not.

~Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add to the discussion around this. It would be very useful if there was an option to choose whether to print each note on it's own page, or whether to concatenate them in a continuous stream. Also, I'd really like to see the date and time of each note printed along with it. For example, if you are using EN as a diary, you might want to be able to print a series of entries and know when they were created. eg.

2010/09/01 11:52:00 AM

My first note

This is the content of the first note

2010/09/02 09:10:00 AM

My second note

This is the content of the second note

Archived