My notes have been gone!

They’ve vanished over two weeks ago; it took me forever to be able to send an email to support and it hasn’t even been answered at all.  I’ve been a premium member since 2010 so you (and me both) can only imagine how many notes are gone, the total account lost notes!!  I can no longer find any way of reaching support.  I keep getting kicked out as soon as I get close; it’s as if they can’t be bothered with emails.  If my notes don’t return by the subscription renewal time why should I bother renewing??  Evernote had been my only go to web clipper all these years.

• Confused 1
  • Level 5*
18 hours ago, postitfanatic said:

They’ve vanished over two weeks ago;

Which device/platform?

The master version of our data is stored on the Evernote servers.  Check your data using the web platform at www.evernote.com

• Level 5
17 hours ago, postitfanatic said:

I’ve been a premium member since 2010 so you (and me both) can only imagine how many notes are gone, the total account lost notes!!

Focusing on just this, are you saying that all your notes are gone? Is it possible that you've accidentally created a new account by logging in with different credentials (email, password)? This is surprisingly easy for even experienced users to do. That might also explain the inability to contact support.

I’d been clipping articles all day then the last article I clipped I got this Welcome to your First Note In Evernote or something to that effect.  I didn’t freak out at first, I wondered what the heck is it welcoming me for?!?!  So I went further in and that’s when I freaked out. My account was totally empty so no I didn’t create any new account at all.  I was busy on other projects and the only thing I ever do with Evernote is add articles or once in a while I have to go back to get a receipt or an article I knew I clipped but it’d been a while since I did that; no way had I ever created any other account.

as far as looking into the web portal for my notes I see you gave me the address, do I need more info for after I get into the address (I’m on my phone now so can’t do that atm)  thank you.

• Confused 1
7 minutes ago, postitfanatic said:

I got this Welcome to your First Note In Evernote or something to that effect.

So  was it like what was in my screenshot above @postitfanatic?

511326914_ScreenShot2019-04-23at9_22_44AM.thumb.png.7233b06317bc9b01619161c6d596e4c4.png.d2e855e84b9f716bc1b6c3e12e0ce123.png

Edited by MatS14
For the Screenshot and to include @postifanatic

That looks like it.  It’s been quite a while ago and wouldn’t they only have one welcome screen for first time users?  That happened to me one time a very long time ago when I changed email addresses on one of my iOS devices and I had no trouble getting support for that problem and she helped me out and all was back to normal instantly.  I remember that like yesterday.  

I want to thank all of you for trying to help.  I finally got my notes back.  I was really getting so discouraged and I finally clicked on go back to the old version and believe it or not, that brought all of my notes back!  I was very skeptical that would work, but it did so I'm happy now, and can finally move on.  Thanks again!

• Like 2