Too many failed login attempts on ios

Hi, community. I have been using evernote for the past 5 years now and haven't had any significant problem until now. I always had the premium subscription, but because of employment changes I downgraded to basic because I no longer needed the features. But when I downgraded I was restricted to 2 devices only, so I kept the desktop version and one for my phone. I had recently switch from an a SE to an iphone 7 and ever since I couldn't login to evernote via the iphone. I revoked the permission on my old iphone SE and still wasn't able to login. I keep getting the same error message which is " Too many failed login attempts. Please try again later." This message would come up even after one login attempt. Has anyone encountered this situation?

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, percy_n said:

Too many failed login attempts. Please try again later.

Evernote may be implementing security measures: there's been a hacker activity with multiple password attempts

Did you try waiting before a login attempt.

• Level 5

Maybe it would make sense to open EN on the web application and check whether there are other (unknown) devices linked to the account.

As DTLow has stated, there has been attempts to enter accounts based on user data acquired from cracked databases of other services (not EN). It sounds that this attempt maybe was done and failed - but to be on the save side, better check. There should be no other devices as your own registered when you check on the web account site.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:37 AM, DTLow said:

Evernote may be implementing security measures: there's been a hacker activity with multiple password attempts

Did you try waiting before a login attempt.

Yes, I have waited 15 minutes between login attempts and have spread this out over subsequent days. I have been aby le to log in on my laptop. 

Btw, is there a preference setting to notify me when my questions are replied to? Thanks for your help.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:34 PM, PinkElephant said:

Maybe it would make sense to open EN on the web application and check whether there are other (unknown) devices linked to the account.

As DTLow has stated, there has been attempts to enter accounts based on user data acquired from cracked databases of other services (not EN). It sounds that this attempt maybe was done and failed - but to be on the save side, better check. There should be no other devices as your own registered when you check on the web account site.

Thanks for the reply. I did check the linked devices already. I only have a basic account now so, i'm limited to only 2 devices. I had to actively deactivate my ipad when I changed from a paying account to a basic account. 

• Level 5

Did you enter your account with the same device, but with a VPN or other security measures in between ?

In another thread here in the forum the discussion showed that maybe the EN security measures will count a „cloacked“ device as an additional one, even when it is the same, just with other ID. There are VPN services that even alter the MAC adress, so it may be seen by the far end of the connection as a completely different device.

Concerning reply notification, right below the input window there is a button that will control the notification settings. Same heights as the Submit reply“ -button, but to the left and in grey color.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I have the same Issue.

waiting for 15 Mins. Waiting for 2 Days and now 7 days.... all yield the same result.

I am using it with my Ipad (no issues) 

I have removed my iphone from the list of devices

still no result.....Help?!