Nick L.

Hi there, 

Evernote for Mac 7.10 Beta 2 is now available and you can download here

Improved

• Improved note loading speeds
  • Improved search performance in slower networks

Fixed

• Fixed an issue where spotlight search kept invoking the keychain prompt 
  • Fixed an issue where a migration message kept appearing after launching Evernote

Known issues

• Text is fuzzy in non retina displays.
  • Complex notes are choppy when scrolling. 
  • When you open a note with Spotlight while Evernote isn't running, it opens Evernote but not to the note you searched in Spotlight.
  • Like 1
  • Level 5

This beta is getting better! Best release in a while.

I know a new editor is coming... so I'm ignoring all of the code block bugs I reported which are still present.

Still can't search EN note contents w/ Spotlight though, depsite nuking and rebuilding indexes again after installing 7.10b2

• Like 1
On 4/19/2019 at 2:09 AM, luckman212 said:

This beta is getting better! Best release in a while.

I know a new editor is coming... so I'm ignoring all of the code block bugs I reported which are still present.

Still can't search EN note contents w/ Spotlight though, depsite nuking and rebuilding indexes again after installing 7.10b2

There is a new editor coming? This is completely new for me. And very happy news. Where can I read more about this editor?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I don't think you can read about it anywhere (yet) - this is something I was told privately in a support ticket. Not sure when it's coming either... could be the next beta or not for a few more months.

Cursor Issues: in some dark backgrounded notes, particularly where text has been appropriated from a web page, the location of the current cursor may be invisible. If you select the affected text and choose "Simplify Formatting", the location of the cursor will now be evident. Apparently some embedded formatting is messing with the ability of Evernote to show us where the cursor is at!