When you create a new note, the automatically selected font is SegoeUI 10, but it is not true: if you write something, select that text and re-select manually the font SegoeUI and size 10, the appearance of the text changes. The real default font is smaller than SegoeUI 10. 

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, darkanakyn said:

When you create a new note, the automatically selected font is SegoeUI 10

Hi.  A few questions

1. Installed app or web version?
  2. Create a note through what keypresses/ clicks?
  3. Have you changed the note/ note title fonts in Tools > Options > Note?

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Per the Tools > Options > Note settings, the note text font is set to Tahoma 10, and the note title font is set to Segoe UI 10. I don't believe I've ever changed either of these, so I assume they're the defaults.

Whatever you select for those two settings become the defaults, for any default text in notes in any case.

• Level 5*

One curious thing: I set the default font to Segoe UI 10, and created a new note, then typed some text into the note ("Segoe UI 10", how original). OK, fine -- looks like the same in MS Word. Then I copied that text, hit a newline and pasted it. With Segoe UI/10 showing for font parameters, I then selected the new text, and re-selected "10" from the font size dropdown, and the selected text, while still looking like the original, spread out just a little, as if the spacing between characters increased a tiny bit, maybe by a pixel. On the other hand, it didn't change if I re-selected the "Segoe UI" font. So I'd guess that the font that's created by default and the font that's specified when you change font size isn't created with exactly the same parameters as the default font is.

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, jefito said:

One curious thing: I set the default font to Segoe UI 10, and created a new note, then typed some text into the note ("Segoe UI 10", how original). OK, fine -- looks like the same in MS Word. Then I copied that text, hit a newline and pasted it. With Segoe UI/10 showing for font parameters, I then selected the new text, and re-selected "10" from the font size dropdown, and the selected text, while still looking like the original, spread out just a little, as if the spacing between characters increased a tiny bit, maybe by a pixel. On the other hand, it didn't change if I re-selected the "Segoe UI" font. So I'd guess that the font that's created by default and the font that's specified when you change font size isn't created with exactly the same parameters as the default font is.

Just reset the size on the original text and you will get the same result.  If you look at the ENML a font size parameter gets added,  <font style="font-size: 10pt;">.  Don't know what the plumbing is, but it would appear that EN left to its own devices has two different sizes, 10 isn't quite 10. 

I've seen the same sort of stuff when dragging default text from one note to another, values get added which then causes display size on IOS to vary for what one would think was the same parameters, ie, default.  Saw this with my workout notes, the font was smaller on my phone after dnd when creating a work out note.  Copy/Paste is the workaround for that.  Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
21 hours ago, CalS said:
22 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Per the Tools > Options > Note settings, the note text font is set to Tahoma 10, and the note title font is set to Segoe UI 10. I don't believe I've ever changed either of these, so I assume they're the defaults.

Whatever you select for those two settings become the defaults, for any default text in notes in any case.

Check -- I meant the "factory defaults," i.e., what the program initially sets as defaults. Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 2